- IceDragon is based on Firefox 15.0.1;
- Changed inactive and hovered tabs background color for better visibility;
- Changed custom toolbars background color for better visibility;

What's fixed:
----------------------------------------

- compatibility with extensions;
- some GUI issues;

KNOWN ISSUES

- Importing data during the installation of Comodo IceDragon may not work in some cases.
- Minor GUI issues.

BUG REPORTS:
Please use https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cid-b284.0/ to report your bugs.
Moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/icedragonsetup.exe

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Can anyone tell me what the major difference is between IceDragon and Firefox? I can see anything different except the default GUI.

How could IceDragon be more secure than Firefox with your own custom added security add-ons? Since IceDragon uses Firefox core, it has to wait for Firefox to release security patches to its open-source core before applying the patches. While waiting, it could have vulnerabilities unpatched depending on how long it takes the open-source to be available and how long it takes Comodo to release a new version.

In my opinion Firefox is much more secure giving the fact.

Once I change the theme on IceDragon, I could not tell any difference at all.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Same as Dragon is to Chrome. (Site Inspector, Comodo DNS, etc...)

Personally, i feel Icedragon a bit faster than FF.

except that nothing special indeed.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks for the update info
@Littlebits...ID is alot faster than FF IMHO, that's the main reason why I use it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can get Site Inspector in Chrome >> LINK

And possibly the same for Firefox.

Umbra Corp. said:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

Personally, i feel Icedragon a bit faster than FF.

except that nothing special indeed.

Thanks for the info, but all of that can be added to Firefox as well?

If it is faster, I can not tell it.
Maybe the add-ons is what makes the speed difference.

Install the same exact add-ons to IceDragon as with Firefox with the same default config and see if the speed is any different.

In my case, IceDragon appears to be slower than Firefox with the exact same setup as Firefox.

Good day.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
Install the same exact add-ons to IceDragon as with Firefox with the same default config and see if the speed is any different.

lol, In my case, ID is faster, so what we use to say "Every system is unique" ;)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
Littlebits said:

lol, In my case, ID is faster, so what we use to say "Every system is unique" ;)

I disabled Comodo Secure DNS now it runs faster about the same as Firefox.

Apparently Comodo DNS is slower than my ISP DNS.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:

Your ISP's DNS is almost always going to be closer to you than any third party servers, therefore faster resolution.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:
Littlebits said:

Your ISP's DNS is almost always going to be closer to you than any third party servers, therefore faster resolution.

Of coarse that would have to be correct, so I don't understand how IceDragon could be faster than Firefox and really don't see no benefits than just using Firefox instead since the only difference that I can see on the settings is the Comodo DNS (which is slower than ISP DNS).

Firefox with security add-ons, default ISP DNS and HostsMan via MVPS blocklist is secure and fast.

I'm done testing IceDragon for now, until Comodo adds other features to distinguish it from Firefox there is really no benefits.

IceDragon runs very stable, I experienced no problems with it. But it is just Firefox rebranded with nothing special. No different than Pale Moon.

However Cometbird and Waterfox do have unique features.

D

Deleted member 178

All you said is true, but you know, people like different colors :p

btw, i think comodo did ID because they can ^^

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just because they can doesn't mean it's good, look at some of the Apple product followers, iPhone, iPad etc. Nothing ground-breaking, excluding initial release.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I think they have further plans down the road to differentiate it from Firefox.

At the moment though, it's not different enough to get me to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.