Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
That Shopping feature are similar to Kiosk Mode or...?

Reactions: CySecy825
H

hjlbx

That Shopping feature are similar to Kiosk Mode or...?

All Secure Shopping does is launch the browser either sandboxed or inside the Virtual Desktop whenever pre-defined URLs are detected - depending upon how the user has configured the feature.

COMODO Secure Shopping is essentially the same as Bitdefender SafePay and Kaspersky SafeMoney.

H

hjlbx

You are most likely wrong.

You can research it yourself.

I'd be interested to learn if my understanding is incorrect - since this is exactly how Bitdefender SafePay and Kaspersky SafeMoney function - and COMODO Secure Shopping is to be their equivalent.

H

hjlbx

Secure Shopping will have some features of SecureBox (which is an enterprise solution; Comodo SecureBox Containerization Technology | Why you need SecureBox).
This is being said in the video. So, it will not be just a Virtual Kiosk.

That's cool - since SecureBox has some protections which Virtual Kiosk does not.

The whole premise of COMODO SecureBox is that it prevents applications run within it from being infected by applications running outside of SecureBox.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

EricJH listet a info from BuketB

BuketB has stated to expect v9 beta to surface in the first quarter of 2016.

With best Regards
Mops21

H

hjlbx

it will be like an sttriped down virtual kiosk with fluid and dynamic virtualization for the browser but it will be a mess if they dont work on a way of implementing the plugins needed by some internet bankings, like some used on Brazil. The idea is that the browser will open in an virtualized environment without its extentions so its not unsafe, but some bankings use its own plugins so... were f#$ed..

All I want to see is cis 9 hardware usage (ram and cpu). If its going to keep light as cis 8 than Ill go for it without second thoughts...

From COMODO Engineering, when the browser detects predefined URLs
  • browser will open in a virtual container (which one depends upon user setting) with plug-ins disabled (this will not be changeable by user)
So Secure Shopping will be essentially the same as Bitdefender SafePay and Kaspersky SafeMoney.

D

Deleted member 2913

So Comodo started their usual tricks to create hype. Must say they have become pretty good with MS Paint:p:D

Mops21

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Here is a new info from BuketB

Hello friends,

First of all, thank you very much for your interest and I would like you to stay tuned since there is an ongoing workaround for our new major release and we will make the Beta release soon.

Regarding the version name, there might be some changes (ie: CIS 10 https://forums.comodo.com/Smileys/default/wink.gif) ; with the new designed user interface, with the new features, and a number of improvements; this product will make your online & offline experiences on your endpoint very easy and secure !

Please kindly give me some more time, I will soon let you know the exact release date of first Beta version !

Kind Regards,
Buket

With best Regards
Mops21

D

Deleted member 2913

I will soon let you know the exact release date of first Beta version !

Kind Regards,
Buket

With best Regards
Mops21
Now this is the prob with Comodo. And then they will ban users who ask where is the promised release...somethings never change:D

And now Melih will appear with his MS Paints Masterpiece:eek:

And now time to tease BuketB (her specialty giving new exact release date) & harass Mods to hear those magical words ban & warn:p

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

@yesnoo, what can I say.. sometimes you have to take risks. :D
I dont understand why BuketB post like this i.e she or her post always gives the impression or means she is going to give another update on the announcement or you will get something post the announcement.

Like she post something like guys we are on to something & just stay I will update or I will give an exact release date, etc...
Now yesterday too she posted something like this & yet no info further. Now if the further info comes after 20-30days dont you think what BuketB announcement post was for or what was the purpose of the post or was the post really necessary or what was the importance of the post or why she posted the announcement if nothing, no info was there for 20-30 days?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Has the beta of this actually been released or are you all still waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.