Comodo Internet Security 9.xx leaked Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Hahaha , dont get tricked, the alpha was just for testing the new UI. Now they start fix the UI bugs, after they will add some features, then fix those new features bugs, then look at the old 300 bugs, fix them, then add 300 new bugs for v10.

Then release a beta, so the fanboys has somthing to do while, they work in a project that will never be seen.

:D

Reactions: Kate_L
D

Deleted member 2913

This was suppose to release at the end of August. Now its October...
This is always the story with Comodo
Thats why I say & think that most of the times they announce stuffs without any real or ground work.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
H

hjlbx

This was suppose to release at the end of August. Now its October...
This is always the story with Comodo
Thats why I say & think that most of the times they announce stuffs without any real or ground work.

Impossible to say with no infos. Maybe half the developers quit... :D

Reactions: Deleted member 178

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Normally their beta period was 2-4 weeks, even the forum mods use to kick off, may be Melih has finally (yeah right!) listened to his customers.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
What do you think about this post - CLICK

"Cute GUI - blasted all over the Interweb as a great firewall but y'all better take a little closer look at it and do your homework because it's nothing more than a trojan horse in a great disguise.

Better take a look at the trusted publishers, certificates and root authorities it automatically installs on your systems. Also gleans personal info from your web activity and reports it to another site it manages - chargepedia.com - do a whoils on it.

Bad news - severe security breach for anyone putting it on their system. Sterilize it - eradicate it - down to the last registry entry even if you have to do it manually with a fine tooth comb."

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Is it still true that the game mode is dangerous

CIS also has an option called "Game Mode". If you choose use this no Defense+ alerts, Firewall alerts, update popups, or scheduled scans will be shown or run. Thus, these cannot interfere with what you are doing. However, what enabling this will also do is create automatic allow rules for all running applications. Thus, running your computer in game mode will essentially put your computer in training mode, which I would not advise as I consider it to be dangerous. Thus, I would advise that you do not use "Game Mode".
How to Install Comodo Firewall

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeXPMan
H

hjlbx

@victor

Hee, hee...

I meant send a message to only one staff member or moderator.

It's OK yro, glad to have you here. Here at MT you won't get bullied or bashed by Staff or Moderators, unlike some other places.

You know what I mean...

Reactions: Moose
H

hjlbx

yeah. That was sick. They post schedules but dont respect their schedules. I ask about explanations on it and get banned, /short version

Lets not waste time on it.

Does anyone knows if CIS9 is going to be released as beta in this year?

I suspect within the next three or four months. Comodo is having problems with it... and who knows how quickly problems will get resolved.

There is no infos from Comodo Engineering or Quality Assurance...

Reactions: Moose and Davidov
H

hjlbx

Salutations,Friends!

And their Comodo Firewall newest version any headaches?

I have not seen a Comodo Firewall-only version 9 Alpha.

From playing around with the Alpha for a little bit, it seems it will be same...

Reactions: Moose
D

Deleted member 2913

Installer size: 5,15mb = Online installer. Great.

Little Review​
New UI:

cn2nzXx.png

Default settings overview
I wonder if Secure Shopping on the GUI is like kaspersky safe money browser, Bitdefender safepay browser, Avast new beta safebrowser, etc...?

H

hjlbx

I wonder if Secure Shopping on the GUI is like kaspersky safe money browser, Bitdefender safepay browser, Avast new beta safebrowser, etc...?

I would bet that it is.

Oh geez, I hope they do not add cheezy password manager...

D

Deleted member 2913

I would bet that it is.

Oh geez, I hope they do not add cheezy password manager...
Yeah safepaybrowser with key encryption & phishing protection would be good. Password manager & other bloats not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.