Comodo Internet Security 9.xx leaked Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Yeah safepaybrowser with key encryption & phishing protection would be good. Password manager & other bloats not needed.

Phishing protection... now I'm all for that, but don't count on it. I think it might involve SSL certificate. Remember PrivDog "fiasco" - which was totally unjustified since Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc all do it for SSL monitoring.

D

Deleted member 2913

Phishing protection... now I'm all for that, but don't count on it. I think it might involve SSL certificate. Remember PrivDog "fiasco" - which was totally unjustified since Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc all do it for SSL monitoring.
Is SSL monitoring good or justified?

I keep Avast HTTPS scanning disabled.

H

hjlbx

Is SSL monitoring good or justified?

I keep Avast HTTPS scanning disabled.

I think it's valuable protection, but at the same time, you have to be able to trust the security soft vendors won't abuse it. I haven't seen a single report of abuse.

Maybe someone can dig one up...

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
Did Comodo add any IDS protection to their Firewall this time around? Did they add any functionality to the Firewall at all?

H

hjlbx

Did Comodo add any IDS protection to their Firewall this time around? Did they add any functionality to the Firewall at all?

Don't know. Alpha was only partially started. It was leaked very early version.

IDS... well - that would be awesome - but I wouldn't count on it.

Reactions: CySecy825

cutting_edgetech

Level 3
Verified
Feb 14, 2013
Eset's firewall has IDS, and botnet protection. It just makes sense that Comodo add these mitigations to their firewall since they have already developed their HIPS so much. It would complement Comodo's other mitigations well.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014

Attachments

• cis_main19.png
    cis_main19.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 492
  • cis_secure_shopping1_110215.png
    cis_secure_shopping1_110215.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 493
  • inst_prem6.png
    inst_prem6.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Secure Shopping will only work with COMODO Dragon (unless they plan to change that).

Plus Secure Shopping will only be available to paid users.

Reactions: Moose and CySecy825

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Secure Shopping will only work with COMODO Dragon (unless they plan to change that).

Plus Secure Shopping will only be available to paid users.

Sure?
Look this:

"Use the browser for Secure Shopping protection"

Reactions: vivid
H

hjlbx

Sure?
Look this:

"Use the browser for Secure Shopping protection"

Initally, Secure Shopping was to use Dragon. I'm glad they changed it.

However, Secure Shopping will be a premium feature for paid users only (unless they change that also).

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Initally, Secure Shopping was to use Dragon. I'm glad they changed it.

However, Secure Shopping will be a premium feature for paid users only (unless they change that also).
If it is in free version and it is less buggy I may use CIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.