Comodo Internet Security 9.xx leaked Alpha

Comodo
158 Replies 60,078 Views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah safepaybrowser with key encryption & phishing protection would be good. Password manager & other bloats not needed.

Phishing protection... now I'm all for that, but don't count on it. I think it might involve SSL certificate. Remember PrivDog "fiasco" - which was totally unjustified since Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc all do it for SSL monitoring.
 
Phishing protection... now I'm all for that, but don't count on it. I think it might involve SSL certificate. Remember PrivDog "fiasco" - which was totally unjustified since Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc all do it for SSL monitoring.
Is SSL monitoring good or justified?

I keep Avast HTTPS scanning disabled.
 
Is SSL monitoring good or justified?

I keep Avast HTTPS scanning disabled.

I think it's valuable protection, but at the same time, you have to be able to trust the security soft vendors won't abuse it. I haven't seen a single report of abuse.

Maybe someone can dig one up...
 

Attachments

  • cis_main19.png
    cis_main19.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 651
  • cis_secure_shopping1_110215.png
    cis_secure_shopping1_110215.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 648
  • inst_prem6.png
    inst_prem6.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
Sure?
Look this:
cis_secure_shopping1_110215.png


"Use the browser for Secure Shopping protection"

Initally, Secure Shopping was to use Dragon. I'm glad they changed it.

However, Secure Shopping will be a premium feature for paid users only (unless they change that also).
 
Initally, Secure Shopping was to use Dragon. I'm glad they changed it.

However, Secure Shopping will be a premium feature for paid users only (unless they change that also).
If it is in free version and it is less buggy I may use CIS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top