Comodo Internet Security 9.xx leaked Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

OK. Thanks.
It looks really nice and clean.

It's an early beta so be forwarned that it may be buggy, have nonfunctional features, misbehave, etc.

In my estimation, W10 + CIS 9 Beta is a recipe for user frustration at this point in time. I'd wait...

I tried CIS 9 Alpha on W8.1 very briefly; I uninstalled it after about 30 mins as it was clear that more implementation was needed. In my experience the betas are no different. CIS 9 Beta is, as Comodo puts it, "a work in-progress..." so users that do choose to install the current version should definitely expect problems and reserve judgment until the final stable is released.

Reactions: XhenEd and Ink
D

Deleted member 2913

But there is no CIS 9 Beta like the leaked Alpha on Comodo Forum?
Is the beta you mentioned the leaked version too?

H

hjlbx

But there is no CIS 9 Beta like the leaked Alpha on Comodo Forum?
Is the beta you mentioned the leaked version too?

It appears to me that Comodo just "renamed" the Alpha a Beta... at least that is the way it looks to me.

As soon as I saw this thread I went to the Comodo forum. No infos are posted as of yet. So it is unclear at this very moment...

I'd bet Comodo just hasn't gotten around to posting a "CIS 9 Beta Is Release !" thread with download links yet.

Cart before the horse; they posted a version Change Log without releasing it yet... sound right ?!

If you have the leaked Alpha installed, then check to see if it is version 9.0.0.4725. If it is, then you know in all likelihood that's all they did = "renamed" the Alpha the Beta.

I would uninstall the Alpha if they post a Beta download link - unless they made the Alpha capable of updating via the net (it didn't work a few weeks back).

D

Deleted member 2913

I too went to Comodo forum & no CIS 9 Beta.
I dont have the leaked alpha installed.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
When the final is released will I have to upgrade, or can I keep version 8 - a wait a couple of months so the bugs and programme glitches have been ironed out/dealt with?

Reactions: JakeXPMan
H

hjlbx

When the final is released will I have to upgrade, or can I keep version 8 - a wait a couple of months so the bugs and programme glitches have been ironed out/dealt with?

CIS will check for program updates, you can choose to install them or not...

I just do signature updates for while after next stable is released - but really - once the stable is release Comodo will not do any additional fixes except for critical problems; GUI quirks, "minor" issues, ones that they deem "nonrelevant\noncritical" seem to never be fixed or only partially fixed - but to be perfectly honest - some are fixed it just takes a long time.

Perhaps things will change or are changing... as it seem @BuketB and her team is really trying to improve CIS.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The title bar theme/colour appears similar to that of CFP (v3)

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Tony- You can keep Comodo from checking for updates easily- Open Advanced Settings and go to the Updates section. Everything can be shut off from there.

Reactions: Tony Cole

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
It's an early beta so be forwarned that it may be buggy, have nonfunctional features, misbehave, etc.

In my estimation, W10 + CIS 9 Beta is a recipe for user frustration at this point in time. I'd wait...

I tried CIS 9 Alpha on W8.1 very briefly; I uninstalled it after about 30 mins as it was clear that more implementation was needed. In my experience the betas are no different. CIS 9 Beta is, as Comodo puts it, "a work in-progress..." so users that do choose to install the current version should definitely expect problems and reserve judgment until the final stable is released.
But I am talking about the interface only :cool:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
When does the Comodo IS 9 stable version come to town ? Any exact dates?

D

Deleted member 2913

When does the Comodo IS 9 stable version come to town ? Any exact dates?
Its a sin to ask this on Comodo forum. And even if there is a date...with Comodo you can be 100% sure that it will not release on the given date.

H

hjlbx

Its a sin to ask this on Comodo forum. And even if there is a date...with Comodo you can be 100% sure that it will not release on the given date.

If you start to ask too many questions over there... or are persistent ... then you'll end up like poor old yro (he's always on Comodo forum)...

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 2913

If you start to ask too many questions over there... or are persistent ... then you'll end up like poor old yro (he's always on Comodo forum)...
Asking the same question repeatedly is a prob.
Many of the times things happen on Comodo forum due to lack of communication.
Lack of communication & false talks (many of the times it seems like Melih & team gives false info i.e info on software/releases, etc... without any real or ground work) are the probs on Comodo forum.

vivid

Level 5
Verified
Dec 8, 2014
* spoiler alert *

Comodo Cloud AV (based on version 9)
with Sandbox ~ 3 MB

ZvJL3Dy.png

[source]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Melih...Comodo had talked about Cloud AV way back...app 2-3 years back they had mentioned new Cloud AV is coming soon & then there was no info...its still same with Comodo. They mention things & then no further info. Its like they mention things without any real or ground work.

But good to know Cloud AV is coming soon now...hope this time its true.

D

Deleted member 2913

I dont like the big secured checkmark box eating up GUI space. Why they have this fixation for the big secured checkmark box? The space can be used for better stuffs to enhance usability.

The drag files here to scan box is unneeded too. I mean easily accessible context menu scan option is there. Why waste main GUI space that can be used for important stuffs?

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Any news or updates ? Is still that Alpha / Beta version or they released a new Beta version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.