Comodo Internet Security 9.xx leaked Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
"Detect shellcode injection" option under HIPS settings seems new. Was there any details released about this feature? I assume its exploit blocking related, will test it with live exploits when the beta is more stable.

Some random musings: I prefer the new interface than the old one.

Edited.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Its officially not released on Comodo forum yet.

Mods on Comodo forum mentioned---

"Please note this is a pre beta version and may not be a totally stable Beta.

Please also note all features to be included in the beta are not there".

Reactions: Av Gurus
D

Deleted member 178

x7MTIts.png

i knew it hahahahahaha (say Umbra with years of CIS' BSOD experience ^^ )

"Detect shellcode injection" option under HIPS settings seems new.

it was always there since v5

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hjlbx

Of course it's the same old song. Closed-beta testers had lots of problems with it from what I can infer. That's why I don't mess with CIS betas... problems are absolutely guaranteed. By the time the next stable is released, only the big problems are fixed. This is Comodo's routine...

Salutations, Friends!

Waiting on cruelsister to show the correct way to set-up Comodo Internet Security 9.
For the best possible protection!;)

I hopefully she will do a couple of tests!

Kind regards,

She recommends disabling HIPS. By doing so, the user turns off all of Defense+ protections - like shellcode injections, registry modifications - plus protected folders, protected COM objects, blocked items, etc, etc.

HIPS is not so terribly bad. On my system it is as quiet as can be...

Last edited by a moderator:

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Anyone can see the option to delete the Sandboxes prozesses etc? i cant find it anymore. test it under win7/10 in vm. win7 works nice,win10 give me some bluescreens. Will send it to comodo.

D

Deleted member 178

note than some features are missing in this pre-beta release.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Regarding the current CIS 9 (very) Pre-Beta- make believe that you never saw it and don't know anything about it. Trust me.

HJ- You are right- the Comodo HIPS is not bad at all. The main reason that I suggest shutting it off is that I have seen too many cases where wrong choices were made (in some cases unbelievably wrong choices) that resulted in systemic infection.; and with the sandbox set as I suggest malware will never get to the level where D+ would kick-in it.

D

Deleted member 2913

This is a leaked alpha version... And not the beta that is going to release soon i.e ETA was last week of August.

So it would be better to wait for the official beta release.

Reactions: xxtoss23

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Anyone can see the option to delete the Sandboxes prozesses etc? i cant find it anymore. test it under win7/10 in vm. win7 works nice,win10 give me some bluescreens. Will send it to comodo.
this?
29NIH1x.png

Regarding the current CIS 9 (very) Pre-Beta- make believe that you never saw it and don't know anything about it. Trust me.

This pre-alpha perform rly well, I test some beta versions in the past, an this run better and smooth.

--------
I'm fan of the new UI, looks clear and fresh. Only issue is the "settings" buton position, I always confuse "Tasks" and "Settings".

And I pray for dark UI mode.

D

Deleted member 2913

In current version there is an option for the main GUI i.e Basic/Advanced view... is the option still there in this beta version?... And the above screenshot of main GUI is in Basic or Advanced view?

On the top there is Settings & below there is Manage Protection... does both have same or different functions?

I like the GUI & colour selection... but I think the half left side i.e the whole red box looks space wasted & could be used in a more better way like modules, options, etc...

D

Deleted member 2913

UI is much more responsive :D

Is this settings the same?

Clipboard11.jpg
Looks the same except the "Ignore"...seems for Win 10.

Main GUI & other windows have blue colour & looks good... I think all the windows should be in blue instead of the grey as in the above screenshot, wot say?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@RmG152 Hmm. Bad_Pool_Header.

Got the same BSOD even with stable version of Comodo 8. Staff sent me a PM on Comodo Forums and they told me that there was an issue with Network driver (conflict between Firewall module and network driver).

They recommended to update network driver. After driver update BSOD was gone. :)

PS. If possible, try to use v9 AntiVirus version only (without Firewall).

Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
In current version there is an option for the main GUI i.e Basic/Advanced view... is the option still there in this beta version?... And the above screenshot of main GUI is in Basic or Advanced view?

On the top there is Settings & below there is Manage Protection... does both have same or different functions?

I like the GUI & color selection... but I think the half left side i.e the whole red box looks space wasted & could be used in a more better way like modules, options, etc...

There is no Advanced view (for now).
Settings tab is the same as Advanced in Cis 8 and Manage is just shortcut too turn on/off components (antivirus, firewall, hips, sandbox...).

Last edited:

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
this?
29NIH1x.png

This pre-alpha perform rly well, I test some beta versions in the past, an this run better and smooth.

--------
I'm fan of the new UI, looks clear and fresh. Only issue is the "settings" buton position, I always confuse "Tasks" and "Settings".

And I pray for dark UI mode.
Yes this,thank you. :)

Reactions: RmG152

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It looks very nice, but I would certainly not install the final release, I'd wait a good 4-6 months for the bugs to be recognised and dealt with.

Reactions: XhenEd

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014

it was always there since v5

Lol I think I know why I thought it wasn't there...In v8 it isn't under HIPS settings isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.