Advice Request Comodo Internet Security Setup/configuration thread

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Does this thread helped/informed you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Not used it since so no idea how they call the BB now, it was autosandbox then BB then autosandbox again...
Autosandbox is now officially called "containment", but most users still refer to it as autosandbox.

Should we tell people about the @Lockdown approach to Comodo, which is to add the entire Windows folder to trusted files, and then get rid of the trusted vendors list? Of course, this approach can only be used on a clean system.

I have a suspicion that the super-long file list thus created is responsible for the disappearing rules bug. Same goes for your super-long HIPS rules list. When lists get too long, they can become unstable.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This is my remaining question: If you use HIPS, should you also enable autosandbox?
It used to be that HIPS alone would miss certain things, so autosandbox gave added protection.
But HIPS has improved. Does it make autosandbox unecessary?

Actually, I have another question, too: how good is the shellcode protection, i.e., the protection against memory exploits? What does it do, and what doesn't it do?

Last edited:

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Autosandbox is now officially called "containment", but most users still refer to it as autosandbox.

Should we tell people about the @Lockdown approach to Comodo, which is to add the entire Windows folder to trusted files, and then get rid of the trusted vendors list? Of course, this approach can only be used on a clean system.

I have a suspicion that the super-long file list thus created is responsible for the disappearing rules bug. Same goes for your super-long HIPS rules list. When lists get too long, they can become unstable.

I don't know if you watch my video (where Comodo Firewall missed malware) but in that video a delete all trusted vendors list and then run a Scan with Comodo so can check only Vendors that are on my machine at that time and add them to Trusted list.

To me is the simple and effective way.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't know if you watch my video (where Comodo Firewall missed malware) but in that video a delete all trusted vendors list and then run a Scan with Comodo so can check only Vendors that are on my machine at that time and add them to Trusted list.

To me is the simple and effective way.
I watched, but I forgot that part.
So you also use the method of adding lots and lots of files to trusted list?
Right now, I am doing an experiment, I am adding my entire C drive to trusted files, to see what happens............

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Comodo add it automatically, no need to do it manually.
When you run some files that is not on Trusted Vendors Comodo will check in the cloud and if it is safe will put on the list.
Try it.
Thanks.
I want to take a different approach: no cloud lookup, no trusted vendors, only manually trusted files.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Why is autosandbox still useful to you? As an opinion about the safeness of the file?
Because if the user mistakenly click allow on the HIPS for a malicious file , the Autosandbox will block/isolate it (depending its settings)
I want to take a different approach: no cloud lookup, no trusted vendors, only manually trusted files.
This is probably a safer way (if we exclude a human error) but it lasts for a long time and requires some knowledge.
Q&A - Comodo Internet Security v8 Setup/configuration thread
My simple and effective method to do it, works best on a clean installed system for obvious reasons.

Thread author

I have seen rules disappear with only a few rules in each of the modules, but yes... I think that the more rules there are, the more unstable the GUI in general becomes. It is something that has been reported for a very, very long time.

I haven't touched COMODO products in a long time at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.