tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I just saw this thread.
Seems like a nice idea from Comodo. I think tomorrow i will try it and see how it performs.

Reactions: askmark

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have a question about the sandbox.
If i download a malware file from Malware Hub to my pc, close the browser and then extract the file
will the sandbox will work or if i close the browser CCAV and sandbox will stop working?

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Is it possible to get rid of the annoying "get the Sandbox" plugin popup tab? I did choose NOT to install the sandbox and I do not want to get a full blown page in my face while streaming a movie... o_O

/W

D

Deleted member 178

Gricardo:

Buen dia, he tratado de buscar la Extension de Comodo Cloud Para Opera, me pudieras ayudar por favor en proporcionarme el link para poderla instalar en Opera

edited by mod : "Good day, I have tried to look for the Extension of Comodo Cloud To Opera, you could help me please give me the link to install for Opera"

Please speak English, this is an international forum .

Reactions: Vasudev

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Quote from 1st post

"@yigido is correct, the downloaded plug-in has no GUI, but runs when Chrome.exe is opened, and keep items sandboxed after Chrome has been closed."

So if I close Chrome (or stop the internet connection) the downloaded item is still on my disk, right? Can I still run it if I want too?

Also, have one for Firefox would be nice

BTW CCAV would cover for all browsers, right?

Thanks

Note:- Just installed (without Sandbox) and upon downloading AdwCleaner CCAV for Chrome has no response. I deleted the file and re-download AdwCleaner again and this time CCAV for Chrome kicks in to say no virus detected. Similary for ZHPCleaner.

It works something similar to SecureAPlus in that it'll scan the file being downloaded immediately. I guess CCAV for Chrome still has some work to do ah.

And if file is downloaded via IDM then CCAV for Chrome doesn't do a thing.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bump.

Could not find any information on their forums, is this in-development, integrated with CCAV or discontinued?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.