Solved Computer Doesn't Boot Anyway to Save It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
For about 3 months now one of my desktops boots but shows black screen after it says windows, but anyways is there anyway to save it? like with boot cd/rescue disc or something? (I'm really confused on what to do).

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Try to enable Boot Menu (now it says it is [Disabled])

then it will show you the boot menu to choose from when you restart your PC

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I don't understand, maybe Rufus didn't create bootable usb properly

bro we can try with YUMI, but I really need to go now, will back in 1-2h :(

In meantime, try to download Windows 8 dvd from softpedia, (you can burn it with rufus on your USB also) and try to type those commands like I mentioned in my comments above.

Reactions: MalwareT and Oxygen
Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I don't understand, maybe Rufus didn't create bootable usb properly

bro we can try with YUMI, but I really need to go now, will back in 1-2h :(

In meantime, try to download Windows 8 dvd from softpedia, (you can burn it with rufus on your USB also) and try to type those commands like I mentioned in my comments above.
I can't thank you enough!

I managed to boot with windows 8.iso and reset my pc, thanks for all of your @everyone

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Fantasy Remember to choose a Best Answer, for the reply / response that helped you the most and can benefit others.
Looks like:
upload_2014-6-29_16-47-44.png

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.