Solved Computer Doesn't Boot Anyway to Save It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
For about 3 months now one of my desktops boots but shows black screen after it says windows, but anyways is there anyway to save it? like with boot cd/rescue disc or something? (I'm really confused on what to do).

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Can't boot into safe mode I have to do bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy before I could do it, but sadly I Didn't

which operting system are you running? try to look for a sticker on the computer with the license key on it. it will tell us which OS you have install

Reactions: MrExplorer
Upvote 0

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Does this reinstall OS?

If it is OEM will I loose license?
you will have to find your product key and install the exact operating system that you had with the same addition, and you will be able to activate it online without problem

Upvote 0
I

illumination

As one member suggested, try burning Hirens to a USB, and the once booted from Hiren, load the mini XP "small version of windows XP, from inside mini xp, open the command prompt and run a chkdsk.

Reactions: Oxygen
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
chkdsk will not help.

There are 2 ways that can help you.
  1. If you have, or if anyone around you have Windows 7/8 installation DVD, put it in your CD-DVD Drive, when you power up the machine press "delete" until BIOS comes up, enter BIOS, and go to Boot Options and set that the First Boot Option to be your CD-DVD Drive. Save changes and restart. Load Windows Installation DVD and go for Repair Windows and
25675d1251414836-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record-mbr_05.png

choose Command Prompt and when it opens type :
bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /fixboot (may return an 'Eliment not found' message)

bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

. You can do the same with Hirens Boot CD (it's faster and easier) but I think Fantasy doesn't really understand how Hiren works actually...

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Am i missing something, all i seen in OP's first post, was it boots but then black screen, how do we know chkdsk will not help, how do we know it is not indeed a error on the disk.

Upvote 0

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
@BoraMurdar Until Now Fantasy didn't say that if it is MBR problem, I guess it could be just a simple Windows Problem & i think Just Re-Installing Windows might solve the problem

Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I give up... the keyboard doesn't even work now so I can't do anything waste of $1,000

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
This is the first to suspect when windows wont boot.
Am i missing something here, windows is booting properly or not?

Upvote 0

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This is the first to suspect when windows wont boot.
Am i missing something here, windows is booting properly or not?
It turns on then after this screen

then it is just black, and I've kept it on for like 14 hrs 2 months ago.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.