AV-Comparatives Consumer Performance Test April 2022

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Out of interest & waiting for a delivery installed G-Data IS, been a while since I tried it, I do like the choice of which modules you require on install - So far running nicely with low CPU fan speeds, so far it does seem slow loading for tray icon to appear but not an issue - Don't seem to be a G-Data forum the one at Wilders seems to have gone? Will try it for a while as In my experience AV's take a while to settle down with background scanning etc - Does not interfere with download speeds, get full speed with VPN off & still get 850 meg with on - (love the tray icon :p:p)

Last edited:

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Microsoft is not 100% focused on security like antivirus companies, I will never trust Microsoft protection, they are still very weak against script, ransomware, 0 day malware and bank protection
It offers excellent protection against zero day malware, it has one of the largest cloud infrastructure powered by AI-supported machine learning, altough yes, its rather weak when it comes to scripts.

Reactions: roger_m

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
so MS scores 68 but i see many people on here rave how good windows defender is, and is that WD alone or is with config defender and sys harderners etc. im looking for a decent free av that doesnt invade ur privacy alot
That’s because they specifically factor file transfers in. If you don’t transfer large folders of exes or certain types of large files you won’t see that type of performance hit for the most part. There can be other impacts, but if you look at their breakdown that’s where they lose the most points.

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
it is said that it receives user information, but avast is number 1 .
take my personal information, Avast. there are no important things anyway :love:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.