Creators Update Free Edition (Unofficial Bloatware-Free ISO Download)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I was thinking of giving this a try for about a week now but not so sure anymore.

Why not?
It is easy, but it take some time.
I created for myself and installed in Virtual Box (Windows Defender and Edge is ON).
Installation is finish more quicker then "normal" Windows.
RAM usage is about 700MB (on "normal" Windows is about 1200MB).
The entire system is somehow alive and quicker, space used on HDD/SSD is less then 9GB.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
My original Win10x64 (with Home & Pro version) is about 4GB, after custom mood it was about 4,7-5GB.
Don't know why is like that...logically, the file would be smaller if you removed some things ...o_O

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
any custom made os is dangerous but sometimes you have to trust someone to experience something better.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
My original Win10x64 (with Home & Pro version) is about 4GB, after custom mood it was about 4,7-5GB.
Don't know why is like that...logically, the file would be smaller if you removed some things ...o_O
That's strange. Do you have clean ISO and your modified ISO? If so, extract those in two separate folders. Then download WinDirStat and see what makes customized ISO larger.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The level of compression you use, when you reconvert it to ISO, makes a big difference in the size of the file.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Downloaded both versions of Windows (one from MS and customized one from link from first post). Apparently, install.wim uses the most space in both ISOs.

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Here is WinDir from custom created Win 10:

1.png

This is original source:

2.png

Reactions: Marko :)

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
The level of compression you use, when you reconvert it to ISO, makes a big difference in the size of the file.

I make the ISO trough that program (MSMG).

Reactions: frogboy

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Why not?
It is easy, but it take some time.
I created for myself and installed in Virtual Box (Windows Defender and Edge is ON).
Installation is finish more quicker then "normal" Windows.
RAM usage is about 700MB (on "normal" Windows is about 1200MB).
The entire system is somehow alive and quicker, space used on HDD/SSD is less then 9GB.

Here are some pictures (Start Menu, HDD space, RAM usage @idle & BootUp time):

1.png 2.png 3.png1.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.