From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

BetaNews made a review of Crystal Security. :)

Install any anti-malware with real-time protection and you’re generally weighing down your system with services, drivers, DLLs, background processes and more.

Crystal Security does things differently..

You can read review here.

Merry_Christmas.png

Give and receive love this holiday season and you will surely have a joyous Xmas. Best wishes to your family this season and always.

May Christmas spread cheer in your lives!

Thanks to all the feedback, suggestions, reviews and tests. :)

Regards,
Kardo

S

Sr. Normal

Hi everyone,

BetaNews made a review of Crystal Security. :)

Install any anti-malware with real-time protection and you’re generally weighing down your system with services, drivers, DLLs, background processes and more.

Crystal Security does things differently..

You can read review here.

Merry_Christmas.png

Give and receive love this holiday season and you will surely have a joyous Xmas. Best wishes to your family this season and always.

May Christmas spread cheer in your lives!

Thanks to all the feedback, suggestions, reviews and tests. :)

Regards,
Kardo

"Crystal Security offers plenty of useful functions and features in an ultra-lightweight package, and if you’ve security experience – and the time to experiment – it’s worth a closer look."
I only can recommend having it a season to your computer to test it. Then, it will become an essential soft in your computer
Big hug my friend and a happy new year! :)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
"Crystal Security offers plenty of useful functions and features in an ultra-lightweight package, and if you’ve security experience – and the time to experiment – it’s worth a closer look."
I only can recommend having it a season to your computer to test it. Then, it will become an essential soft in your computer
Big hug my friend and a happy new year! :)

@Sr. Normal Thanks for the feedback and tests (Malware Hub). :)
@Kardo Kristal Crystal Security portable is blocked by Windows SmartScreen, you may need to get in contact with Microsoft.

@Anti-Malware Reviewer Thank you for the information. ;)

Regards,
Kardo

Malfhas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
@Kardo Kristal At each restart my computer I have to confirm the launch of Crystal Security (or not) by the windows system (which checks whether software can modify the system or not). It is rather annoying x)

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Kardo Kristal At each restart my computer I have to confirm the launch of Crystal Security (or not) by the windows system (which checks whether software can modify the system or not). It is rather annoying x)

Hi @Malfhas,

Thanks for the interest. :)

Please try the following workaround (tested by @Davidov)
Hello goes to run without the help of UAC is a little trick .-)) In cristal uncheck automatically start at boot How To Use The Task Scheduler To Launch Programs Without UAC Prompts

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I peeked around and seems to be a problem with privacy badger and firefox perhaps, github has 1 report and he closed it it appears:

"Embedded images from Postimg.org blocked by Privacy Badger #58"
Embedded images from Postimg.org blocked by Privacy Badger · Issue #582 · EFForg/privacybadgerfirefox · GitHub

"the ones i uploaded to postimage.org aren't displaying...a-ha! privacy badger was blocking it."
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2148017/character-image-limit-forum-post.html

I just checked they work fine on Chrome + Privacy Badger. Must be a firefox + privacy badger thing =(

Sorry for this minor thing I figured you'd rather know as sometimes presentation counts for everything in first impressions! Reported imgpost.org via privacy badger broken site reporting tool, maybe they'll fix it.

Last edited:

Black Faith

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2015
@Kardo Kristal Hey man, new version working really well however I'v noticed just a small annoyance.Since I'v finally been using crystal security for a longer time now that it's become this stable i randomly checked task manager after I started up my pc one morning.Since I told you already I'v got crystal security starting up using task scheduler to avoid the uac popup but when I start my pc up everything seems fine crystal security is minimized but in task manager instead of being under background processes it shows up under apps like it wasn't minimized.I have to double click the tray icon then close it and then it moves under background processes like it should.Any chance you can fix this or know why this is happening?

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
@Kardo Kristal Hey man, new version working really well however I'v noticed just a small annoyance.Since I'v finally been using crystal security for a longer time now that it's become this stable i randomly checked task manager after I started up my pc one morning.Since I told you already I'v got crystal security starting up using task scheduler to avoid the uac popup but when I start my pc up everything seems fine crystal security is minimized but in task manager instead of being under background processes it shows up under apps like it wasn't minimized.I have to double click the tray icon then close it and then it moves under background processes like it should.Any chance you can fix this or know why this is happening?
yeah I find that annoying too

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I just checked they work fine on Chrome + Privacy Badger. Must be a firefox + privacy badger thing =(

@Hangtooth Thanks for the information. ;)
Now he only needs the scan shortcut, right click, and your software is perfect for me.

@Malfhas Do you mean context menu scan to scan individual file or folder? :)

If yes then please try to enable Shell integration feature under Settings: Click on Settings => choose General tab => enable Shell integration checkbox => Finally click on Apply to confirm changes. After that you should see new entry under Overview section.

Now please try to right click on individual file or folder and choose Analyze with Crystal Security. Analyzed files should appear under Overview section. Please note that when file is Safe then you may not see any alert (depends on the Settings).
when I start my pc up everything seems fine crystal security is minimized but in task manager instead of being under background processes it shows up under apps like it wasn't minimized.I have to double click the tray icon then close it and then it moves under background processes like it should.Any chance you can fix this or know why this is happening?

@Black Faith Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Malfhas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Hi @Kardo Kristal ,

Thank you for your help.

I have now button when I want to scan a folder but when I click on it nothing happens, I have perhaps restart my computer?

I noticed another thing, real-time detection does not detect viruses if the ".exe" is removed. If I add myself to the .exe malware, Crystal detects anything directly, I have to compress with winrar and then decompress for Crystal detects and blocks directly. It is rather strange.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I have now button when I want to scan a folder but when I click on it nothing happens, I have perhaps restart my computer?

@Malfhas Restart is not needed.

Do you see Shell Integration.exe entry under Overview section?

shell_integration_1.png

Under Registry Editor you should see the following entries.

Entry for Files

shell_integration_2.png

Entry for Folders

shell_integration_3.png

Now when you try to scan folder (with executable files):

shell_integration_4.png

Files with results should appear under Overview section:

shell_integration_5.png

Please be sure that Crystal Security is running when you try to scan files/folders with right-click.

I hope it helps. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Malfhas

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Hi @Kardo Kristal

I currently have a bug with Crystal Security, indeed at times when my PC is turned on for several hours, Crystal Security is blocking anything.

I fas test here: Testez votre anti-virus

Usually Crystal Security blocks all in the time of writing it is not blocking anything (that is not a reporting problem because the file is still present).

I am a user on Windows Pro October 64 bits with a clean installation that date two weeks.

An idea of the problem?

Thank you.

Reactions: TheSuperGeek

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I currently have a bug with Crystal Security, indeed at times when my PC is turned on for several hours, Crystal Security is blocking anything.

I fas test here: Testez votre anti-virus

@Malfhas Thanks for the feedback.

I just tested all samples from provided link and Crystal Security blocked all samples successfully.

eicar_test_1.png

Tested on Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). Downloaded samples via Google Chrome.

eicar_test_2.png

Please try to restart Crystal Security and then try to download samples again.

Regards,
Kardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.