Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
This is funny or sad?

Hi @Av Gurus,

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried to re-produce it but here it works well.

crystal_security_analysis.png

Did you use default settings?

Maybe there was a temporary problem with VT service or network connection.

Regards,
Kardo

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I was using all default settings on Win 10 x64.
I don't have it any more.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi Kardo

Your military is very soon finished right. Any infos for the next Roadmap of Crystal Security available

With best Regards
Mops21

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I'm going to slip this into my config now that I've established a stable combo. Most likely going to remove Avast file scanner (or at least disable real time)... I've added Norton and Avast folders to Crystal Security exclusions just in case. Norton flagged a file in my Media drive which seems to create a temp file in Norton's ProgramData folder (this is where the quarantine is) so I excluded that as well because Crystal Security will flag the file created. This is due to the collective cloud, not Crystal itself (is flagged as unknown - understandable).

No problems to report besides the unavoidable (easy to fix do to very nice exclusion system that you've set up). Hope that all has been well in your life. As always, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi @Mops21

Thanks for the interest. :)
Any infos for the next Roadmap of Crystal Security available

Roadmap
  • Multilingual support
  • Some changes in UI based on the feedback (menu)
  • Bug fixes
  • and more
Anyone have a review for this version yet ? if so can you PM me the link ?

Here is a review of 3.5 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILHn9yCfbk
I'm going to slip this into my config now that I've established a stable combo. Most likely going to remove Avast file scanner (or at least disable real time)... I've added Norton and Avast folders to Crystal Security exclusions just in case. Norton flagged a file in my Media drive which seems to create a temp file in Norton's ProgramData folder (this is where the quarantine is) so I excluded that as well because Crystal Security will flag the file created. This is due to the collective cloud, not Crystal itself (is flagged as unknown - understandable).

No problems to report besides the unavoidable (easy to fix do to very nice exclusion system that you've set up). Hope that all has been well in your life. As always, keep up the good work.

@OokamiCreed Thanks for the feedback. :)
Seems like a good product.

@J Gamez065 Thank you. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
VirusTotal Policy Change (May 2016)
Does new Virus Total policy impact your product ?

@LAGUN Hi, Thanks for the information. :)

I wrote a message to Emiliano (VirusTotal staff). I asked about VirusTotal usage in Crystal Security and I am waiting for the reply. I hope that I can use VirusTotal in the future too but if not then I have some ideas.

@Everyone The military service is over. I have now more time to develop Crystal Security. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Going to test this product :)
Can it scan a specific file, folder, drive, or group of files ?

Hi @DardiM,

Thanks for the interest.
  1. Yes you can scan specific file with right-click scan. Enable Shell integration under Settings and then choose one executable and choose Analyze with Crystal Security
  2. Under Checkup Settings you can specify folders under Settings => Checkup => Sensitivity => Scope => Custom
You can also scan specific areas with Active protection (e.g. Program Files).

After changes do not forget to click on Apply button.

I hope it helps. If you have any feedback or questions then feel free to let me know anytime. :)

Regards,
Kardo

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
;)
Hi @DardiM,

Thanks for the interest.
  1. Yes you can scan specific file with right-click scan. Enable Shell integration under Settings and then choose one executable and choose Analyze with Crystal Security
  2. Under Checkup Settings you can specify folders under Settings => Checkup => Sensitivity => Scope => Custom
You can also scan specific areas with Active protection (e.g. Program Files).

After changes do not forget to click on Apply button.

I hope it helps. If you have any feedback or questions then feel free to let me know anytime. :)

Regards,
Kardo

Hi @Kardo Kristal

About "Enable Shell integration", I've forgotten to click on "apply" :oops:

First Tests :
- It found several malwares not detected by Kaspersky (I let them in a special folder)
- Bug ? => in multiselection, "Move file to" only moves the first selected file.

It seems a very good tool, I will keep testing it (need several days to test all parts )

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
First Tests :
- It found several malwares not detected by Kaspersky (I let them in a special folder)

It seems a very good tool, I will keep testing it (need several days to test all parts )

@DardiM Thanks for the feedback. :)
- Bug ? => in multiselection, "Move file to" only moves the first selected file.

Bug confirmed and will be fixed in the next version.

Regards,
Kardo

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
unable to maximize application. Running latest stable.
Either it is minimized in status bar, or in system tray only. But it won't actually open the window.
Set to start up with windows, not administrative, start minimized.

windows 10 x64
kaspersky total security 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.