Crystal Security 3.7 BETA

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Hello Kardo,

First, thank you for your time and patience while working on this software. It's very interesting to me and I'm hoping you succeed.
When alerted to a threat one of the options is (whitelist directory) however it doesn't seem to work at all. It would be the first thing on my list of improvements.

Big Crystal Security fan.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Any Infos available when will you add your scan engines to virustotal, virscan.org, metascan, opswat and herdprotect

Hi @Mops21,

Currently, there are no plans to include Dynamic engine in other services.

First, thank you for your time and patience while working on this software. It's very interesting to me and I'm hoping you succeed.
When alerted to a threat one of the options is (whitelist directory) however it doesn't seem to work at all. It would be the first thing on my list of improvements.

Hi @BryanB,

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Your reported issue is confirmed and will be fixed in the next version.

Regards,
Kardo

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I installed this today at 3:00 pm, no bugs here. The whitelisting directories is working now, appreciated.

Thanks Kardo, terrific software.

Likewise I`ve installed it recently and have found it to be quite proactive in detecting and dealing with the malicious files that I used to test it with.

Well done Kardo. very nice app.:cool:

Regards Eck:)

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I installed this today at 3:00 pm, no bugs here. The whitelisting directories is working now, appreciated.
Hi @BryanB,

Thank you for the feedback.

Likewise I`ve installed it recently and have found it to be quite proactive in detecting and dealing with the malicious files that I used to test it with.

Hi @Behold Eck,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you like it. :)

It is great to see increase in cloud statistics:

7th September - 16th September
  • Total queries: 260 663
  • Per day: 26 066
  • Per hour: 1086
  • Per minute: 18
Regards,
Kardo

Last edited:

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
There is a problem that when you install the crystal security it will not add itself to the program lists so if you decide to remove it you have to do that manully.

Hi @Sunshine-boy,

Program should be listed under Control Panel - Programs - Programs and Features. From there you can uninstall program automatically.

Regards,
Kardo

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Thanks for the answer but yesterday I wanted to uninstall it but there was nothing so i removed the whole product manually.
Also when you remove the product, that((analyze with central security))will remain in the right-click context menu.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Yesterday The scan with farbar scan recover tool shows me the crystal security is hidden!
Crystal Security (HKLM-x32\...\{8BD35E10-0D55-4F72-9112-D07C1BC1F4BF}) (Version: 3.7.0.14 - Kardo Kristal) Hidden

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Also when you remove the product, that((analyze with central security))will remain in the right-click context menu.

@Sunshine-boy Thank you for the feedback. :)

I´ll see if I can improve it somehow. Current workaround is to disable Shell integration before uninstallation.

Yesterday The scan with farbar scan recover tool shows me the crystal security is hidden!
Crystal Security (HKLM-x32\...\{8BD35E10-0D55-4F72-9112-D07C1BC1F4BF}) (Version: 3.7.0.14 - Kardo Kristal) Hidden

Interesting. I am not sure what causes your detection.

Regards,
Kardo

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hi, i downloaded the portable archive from website and when i check the "shell integration / apply",
shell integration is reported as suspicios, is false positive?
1_Shell integration.png 2_Shell integration.png

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

Multilingual support will be implemented in the next BETA version. :)
Please note that next version may take a little bit longer.

Last month's cloud service statistics.

1st September - 30th September
  • Total queries: 626 933
  • Per day: 20 897
  • Per hour: 870
  • Per minute: 14
Regards,
Kardo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.