App Review CyberGuard Pro Anti-Malware 2022

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
¿ Microsoft Defender ? :D
Was about to write this too. But I requested so many AVs that I don't even dare to do any more requests anymore... 😅

Good idea. Windows Defender - standard settings and Windows Defender - utility enhanced settings
There are so many test of Defender in default settings. A test with Configure Defender would be nice for a change. (y)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Two weeks is more than enough holiday time, surely? At least bring your laptop with you and fire off a few quick tests when nobody is looking🥷

Regards Eck:)

I don't have any 😉 but since I'm going to a friend's house, way to go on his computer and get you some :)
Well he doesn't have Fiber but it should be fine!

Infinityx

Level 1
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
Hello and welcome to the CyberGuard test!

CyberGuard is a software, edited by BreakingSecurity, based in Italy.
The software wants to protect in a different way: No database, but detect any abnormal behavior of a file based on rules!

The interface is simple, but old-school. Quite technical, but CyberGuard regularly gives tips to help the most novice.

On Web threats, CyberGuard has captured many attacks!
On the other hand, I noticed that it tends to take its time to detect, I think it has to wait for an action to be performed.

On the pack.... it is the cold shower!
CyberGuard was unlucky and found itself facing worm attacks that easily infected all the executable files of the system (except system file, fortunately) that even prevented the antimalware from working.
Other threats can freely do their malicious actions as the machine is no longer protected.
When I tried to restart it, Windows says that the file does not exist anymore...

This antimalware has a lot of potential, but there is still a lot of work to do...

Watch my review on Odysee !

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 8.5/10 (1 missed, 1 partielly blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack :
CyberGuard does not contain any scanning options, so I had to run them.
A worm launches and infects all the executables and makes the machine slow down horribly.
The antivirus dies at the end and cannot restart.

Resistance to script attacks: No

Result :
NPE : Infected
KVT : 62

Recommand : No
System Clean : No, system infected

@Viotto request

Interesting, the interface looks like the old VB.NET antiviruses I used to make 🤣

Viotto

From BreakingSecurity.net
Verified
Developer
Mar 5, 2022
Hello,

Thanks for testing out my AntiMalware software.
I'm happy to see that the majority of threats have been blocked,
until running into a virus which was undetected and damaged further antimalware operations.
Unfortunately no AntiMalware is able to block 100% of threats,
but I'm going to update CyberGuard based on the test results.
I see that some virus was able to bypass the scanner in your test and I am curious to analyze it,
could you send me an email with these virus samples?
That will help me check how it was able to bypass the protection.

@SecureKongo my company moved out of Germany. It's registered in Italy now.
@Harputlu I gave a free key in fact. I don't think I received any request from your account.

Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hello,

Thanks for testing out my AntiMalware software.
I'm happy to see that the majority of threats have been blocked,
until running into a virus which was undetected and damaged further antimalware operations.
Unfortunately no AntiMalware is able to block 100% of threats,
but I'm going to update CyberGuard based on the test results.
I see that some virus was able to bypass the scanner in your test and I am curious to analyze it,
could you send me an email with these virus samples?
That will help me check how it was able to bypass the protection.

@SecureKongo my company moved out of Germany. It's registered in Italy now.
@Harputlu I gave a free key in fact. I don't think I received any request from your account.
Really hope you continue on improving your software. It has a lot of potential and I also really like the approach of it. Looking forward for future updates! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.