On Sale! Cylance Smart Antivirus for Mac & Windows: Lifetime Subscription

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://stacksocial.com/sales/cylance-smart-antivirus-lifetime-subscription
How to get a license
Pay and Play...

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I wonder if they pipe the Home users and Corp users under the same ML engine/shard or if they separate the home users from Corp users. I mean in reality Home users would have more game / random software whereupon Corp users would have more specific streamline corporate software and maybe some inhouse scripts/software. Although, Cylance doesn't do scripts (or at least I don't think so).

edit: After reading the test report....damn that's bad....that is some horrid result for an enterprise solution. I mean I would excuse some missed detection if the resource impact score was low but here we have a horrid detection coupled with horrid resource impact score coupled with horrid false positive rate. There is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to like about this product. This product has no excuse to charge what it charges.

I think that most mathematicians left the company once it was sold to Black Berry so whoever remained were just code patchers to make sure that the product runs on windows after windows goes through an update...but the whole Machine Learning portion of the code is abandonware until they can hire someone competent. Hence the lifetime price...they try to cash in as much as they can before calling it quits.
Well with type of reactions, you certainly won't qualify as a Cylance fan-boy (y):)

Mikesierra

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2018
I think that most mathematicians left the company once it was sold to Black Berry so whoever remained were just code patchers to make sure that the product runs on windows after windows goes through an update...but the whole Machine Learning portion of the code is abandonware until they can hire someone competent. Hence the lifetime price...they try to cash in as much as they can before calling it quits.

I know from a former Cylance employee that many of the guys who initially developed the product left the company when Blackberry has taken over Cylance. From a Cylance customer perspective I would say that Blackberry has obviously other priorities when it comes to further development. For instance, when one compares CylancePROTECT with similar solutions like SentinelOne than it´s (at least for me) pretty clear who is technologically behind.

This goes also for CylanceOPTICS when it comes to EDR/XDR. It´s capabilities are clearly behind similar products and you have to pay extra for the CylanceOPTICS license if you want to have EDR functionality.

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Damn it if it only had a low resource impact then I would install it as a second order scanner.
There is no on-demand scan option. You just have to wait for it to putz around and then only if it detects a problem will there be any info in the dashboard. Its much more like an endpoint than an end user app .

Reactions: Nevi and DDE_Server

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Oh I understand I've used it few years ago and saw some of my homemade scripts just not execute and after an hour of debugging I decided to look at cylance and lo and behold it was blocking them without even popping an alert (which honestly pissed me off).

But now when I look at review sites there state a resource impact on file execution, copy etc. So something is doing some heavy lifting client side or otherwise there would be minimal impact and what I've seen is a large impact which is unexcusable for a cloud based scanner.
Lab tests on system load are good pointers but I'd still check it out myself on my own systems for a few hours just to verify.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I ended up buying it because I like the web dashboard. Would be so great if there was an AV with a web dashboard for the firewall but I mean my VPN is my firewall in a way already.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.