Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I have never heard of this product or the company. I wanted to saw some test here in the forum. The true is if i choice to pay for a subscription, I would prefer traditional protections like KIS or BitdefenderIS or for free solution avast+syshardener or KFA+OSA because I have seen the results on malware hub and they are impressive. Just my personal opinion

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Cylance will be the new craze on the forums until people start seeing problems. The new fanbois will hype it, promote it. Then there will be arguments that Cylance is the greatest thing since food. Eventually... Cylance will all go away just like every time before. Just like every other "This is the latest and greatest." You've seen it a million times in the 15+ years you've been on the forums.

It will sell because it feeds those people who do not, and don't want to, understand anything about their PC and its security (borrowed from Christian). The soft is for typical, average users. Security soft geeks should know better if they are really at an advanced user level within IT security.

People will just never get it. You cannot install a security soft on default Windows and expect, that all your security problems are gone... forever. The sad part is that people truly believe that this is possible. They believe that the next default-allow solution is somehow going to magically provide something way better than what already exists on the market.

Silly rabbits.

Just sit back and spectate and let it play-out.
Correctly said !
Another second generation machine learning similar to AVIRA Night Vision.
Lol > FANBOYZxxCyLaNcE
But the product effectiveness should be verified against a bunch of innocent and SAFE files for FINAL Prediction.

Reactions: AtlBo

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Add Eset, Kaspersky, Qihoo 360, WD, Sophos, TrendMicro, Bitdefender, and Symantec to this list.
Most Avs have local Ai(like Cylance) +cloud+BB or Hips like proeciton+sig and more...
it smees Cylance only have the Ai part and want $ for smth that others already provided me for free lol (like Kaspersky free or total security 360)

No Thnx :emoji_innocent:

"Machine learning and AI are deeply intertwined, and you can see how the terms see occasional misuse. The difference in meaning with regards to antivirus is an important distinction. Most (if not all) of the latest antivirus suites implement some form of machine learning, but some algorithms are more advanced than others. There are a few antivirus solutions that use advanced algorithms to protect your system, but the use of true AI is still rare. Still, there are several antivirus tools with excellent AI and ML implementations that show how the security industry is evolving to protect you from the latest threats."

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
When I was a Wilders under different nickname, I think I was the only one using it at the time. It was being sold to home users through malewaremanaged. They even had a couple reps there. Now I see they have stopped selling it and are now selling Sentinel One.
Cut yes everybody was bashing it there too. ForgottenSeer 58943? Maybe you could get a rep from Cylance to come here and get chased away like Malewaremanaged was over at Wilders.
Also remember this from 2016? Cylance® Announces $100 Million Series D Funding Round led by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities and Insight Venture Partners

Reactions: AtlBo and upnorth
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
I like Cylance Smart AV so far and that's my personal opinion. It's a keeper and I won't ask for a refund most likely, but I will see how it goes in next coming weeks. Those who smacktalk Cylance, please provide valid articles and facts why it's trash, because there are people who actually use this product and seek for help/information or just want to generally talk or share their experience with it, and some of you just go bananas over it. No wonder other Cylance threads in MT was locked because it's unpleasant experience for those who actually want to learn something about it, and all drama because Cylance is full of controversy.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Thread author
Cut yes everybody was bashing it there too. ForgottenSeer 58943? Maybe you could get a rep from Cylance to come here and get chased away like Malewaremanaged was over at Wilders.

As I said, any product like Cylance generally gets attacked on forums by traditionalists. So I wouldn't even ask Cylance to come here and I highly doubt they even would. Right now they are swamped with the consumer launch from what I hear and probably don't even have time to send a rep here just to get chased off. Most consumers on these forums want 'free', and anything that charges is almost assuredly getting some negative feedback in the door on forums.

I like Cylance more and more as I use and test it, and I've seen it in action over a span of about a month and a half, including under lab conditions. So far, everyone claiming this or that about it hasn't provided anything other than their subjective meanderings. MYSELF INCLUDED. Which is why the hub offer still stands so we can all see for ourselves. However, I'd like it tested with and without my caveat. That is - paired with a Gryphon, Untangle or Fortinet vs Stand alone. (or even Heimdal)

I

illumination

Thread author
I like Cylance Smart AV so far and that's my personal opinion. It's a keeper and I won't ask for a refund most likely, but I will see how it goes in next coming weeks. Those who smacktalk Cylance, please provide valid articles and facts why it's trash, because there are people who actually use this product and seek for help/information or just want to generally talk or share their experience with it, and some of you just go bananas over it. No wonder other Cylance threads in MT was locked because it's unpleasant experience for those who actually want to learn something about it, and all drama because Cylance is full of controversy.
Every product has its strengths and weaknesses. All of them can be smashed by a determined individual. The chances of a true blackhat smashing a home users network and system though, seriously, why would they jeopardize themselves for a home user, what could they possibly gain that would be worth using one of their expensively created exploits that is not on the radar yet... That is one problem with this forum, the fear factor, this is not enterprise or corporate it is consumer and it seems this gets lost on a few.

I say use what you are comfortable with, and as always, practice safe habits, and enjoy life...

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
why are people on here discrediting Cylance without knowing how it performs compared to its competition?

...what's all that about? :censored:

It is a new kid on the block and uses marketing tactics to discredit competitors. Most old guys on the block don't like that therefore the new kid is rejected before it can proof itself (but I agree with you: a judgement in advance is a prejudice).

When you run samples from the malware hub directly on your machine, you cut out 1/4 of the data it uses to determine the new sample is closer to an existing malware than an existing goodware. So I think it will probably disappoint. Fact is that you need a honeypot to collect samples in the wild. Remember Cylance wanted to sue AV-comparatives when they tested it with samples from their honeypots. Later on a Cylance supported (sponsored) a test by AV-Test which was published with a slap in the face to AV-comparatives (that they had not tested it properly :) ).
AV-test really disappointed me by using their tests as advertising platform for Cylance.

Last edited:

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
There was a video on their youtube channel talking about an app you can install on your phone to manage your Cylance dashboard, but I can't find any reference to this on their site. Maybe it's an upcoming product.

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Thread author
Every product has its strengths and weaknesses. All of them can be smashed by a determined individual. The chances of a true blackhat smashing a home users network and system though, seriously, why would they jeopardize themselves for a home user, what could they possibly gain that would be worth using one of their expensively created exploits that is not on the radar yet... That is one problem with this forum, the fear factor, this is not enterprise or corporate it is consumer and it seems this gets lost on a few.

I say use what you are comfortable with, and as always, practice safe habits, and enjoy life...

I agree. The peranoia is really high and it doesn't need to be. There's so much talk about software and extensions and barely any talk about safe habits and practices because like it or not, they are just as important, if not more important than software/extensions IMO. Every piece of software is going to have pros and cons, nothing is perfect, nor are they going to protect you 100% of the time if you practices unsafe habits. There are tons of great pieces of software/extensions out there to use, pick what you like, learn how they work, practice safe habits and there's a very, very high probability you will be safe.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Not sure. They were talking briefly about the consumer version. That looks like a tool for the enterprise console, but I'm really not sure. There's nothing in the Cylance home documentation about an app, so who knows.

Can you login to your console with your smart phone like you do with your pc?

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
Can you login to your console with your smart phone like you do with your pc?

I'm sure you could do it from a web browser on the phone, but this guy was suggesting that there was an app that you could manage the console from on smart phones.

1:00:45

Thread author

No one here is bashing Cylance.

Sophos and other outfits, pen-testers, etc - over the past few years have definitively established where Cylance is at as far a protection quality. It's published all over the net. Simply research "Cylance bypass."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.