Dark elixas setup

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Would use Kaspersky if it wasnt so heavy. Can definatly tell that its running when you game

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Do you use any extensions in your Chrome?
Are you using ISP DNS or secondary option?
Have you considered using Hitman Pro?

I would go back and see if you have already been asked this but there are 20 pages lol and my net isn't exactly fast at the moment.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Addblock for Chrome
ISP Dns

Will probably stay with Eset I think. Nothing beats Eset on a fresh machine its very zippy

Thinking of Hitman Pro, thats just an on demand scan aint it?

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
Yes but you can also make it scan at start up automatically.

A great second-opinion scanner with it's multi engines.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
MrXidus said:
Yes but you can also make it scan at start up automatically.

A great second-opinion scanner with it's multi engines.

multi engines is best for now. but not for real-time such as gdata, trust port, and coranti. with many engines AV. make it little slow than if use 1 engine.
Just for On-demand is good.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Also from the engines that was chosen can be produce an FP.

A cite example would be Coranti: Since many engines, one engine could be produce an FP.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
because ,download.com now use installer. you install it and you will download program what you want.
ESET thought it as adware because the toolbar, you will choose it or not. but if you not install it. it's not a malware. it's FP.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's good news, because their (Cnet Download.com) Installer is Adware.

The real problem here however is that the web installer is pushing the Babylon toolbar. Users who do not pay attention to the download process will install the Babylon Toolbar, make Babylon their default search engine and homepage of their browsers.

Cnet is without doubt generating lots of revenue from the web installer, considering that the toolbar installation options are enabled by default, and that most users click Next Next Next when it comes to installation processes.

The CNET Download.com Installer is clearly adware. It might make sense to use a different download portal in the future, especially if you do not want to download the 400 Kilobyte web installer every time you download a file from the download site.
http://www.ghacks.net/2011/08/17/the-cnet-download-com-installer/

Alternatives:
http://filehippo.com/
http://www.softpedia.com/
http://majorgeeks.com/
or choose to download directly from the developers site.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The toolbar (Babylon) was likely to be an adware so mostly AV companies will detect it. So better go for some alternative 3rd party download sites.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
I've stayed away from CNET now since they started doing so. Haven't used CNET in months.

Now I stick to FileHippo, MajorGeeks and Softpedia for my downloads. Thanks.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Sticking with Eset, dont think ill re visit the forum as it keeps making me change my mind on which suite to use lol

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You need to have a trust to your product once installed on your system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.