Dark elixas setup

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
just curious about you dark.
why you so curious and worry about security program what you want to use??
choose what you want or better for you and you can combining with other.
you know, not always PAID programs do better than FREE, you must know it.
thanks.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
I do alot of shopping online, make websites for work, online banking so I want a rock solid protection. I do not feel safe with a free product. Its really hard to decide on a product

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i thought you have lot money, right?
then, buy 1 laptop again (for test AV's, for yourself).
or, you can try install AV from FREE version to PAID. and you can know plus minus the product.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
yeah i know.
as i said to you. you can test on real machine not at VM. test about your site open daily safe or not with your AV's (trial for paid or FREE version)
that's make you know about AV's (plus - minus)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well from trusted testing sites like AV-Comparatives, you can see what products goes better and you can decide which product will be install in the system.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
F Secure Internet security 2011 runs great. Nice little pop ups from the deep guard, runs smooth, scans get faster and faster. Hate how you can only install 3 times then the keys have to be reset. How annoying lol

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Norton turned my firewall, then my anti virus off then deactivated my anti virus. Im taking my money elsewhere

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
darkelixa said:
Norton turned my firewall, then my anti virus off then deactivated my anti virus.

Bit confused, do you mean Norton turned itself off?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you manage to get any refund from Norton(Symantec)?

Tip: Next time, try the trial version before buying.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.