Dark elixas setup

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Shouldnt need to change default settings in a suite thou, if its not good at default, its no good for me

D

Deleted member 178

it is why i never installed it, paid and heavy, no thanks ^^

CIS + WRSA = 20mb :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
darkelixa said:
Shouldnt need to change default settings in a suite thou, if its not good at default, its no good for me

For which software?

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Since Norton does not have a link scanner is there one worth using or just wait for 2012 when its compatable with chrome?

D

Deleted member 178

No, unless you like another layer with a companion AV like Prevx or WRSA.

D

Deleted member 178

If you like adding 40mb of ressources used, you can, but i dont think it is necessary. NIS is good enough alone.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
darkelixa said:
Since Norton does not have a link scanner is there one worth using or just wait for 2012 when its compatable with chrome?
When you say link scanner; do you mean website ratings/advisor or to prevent exploits with in the page you're visiting (ie. AVG LinkScanner)?

darkelixa said:
Any other real time software needed with Norton Internet Security Installed?
What about Malwarebytes pro?
No, unless you want to browse with in a sandbox (ie. Sandboxie), as for Malwarebytes' Pro you can activate the 14-day trial, then make your decisions. But Norton should provide adequate protection.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
On the new virus bulletin results, Norton is behind Kaspersky in detection, and G Data is beating both of them

D

Deleted member 178

tho only one i trust is AV-comparative and MRG. my favorite test lab is myself :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.