Dark elixas setup

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Anyone else use online armour and get the same error message? As soon as i install online armour, anti malware turns itself off. So odd

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
darkelixa said:
Anyone else use online armour and get the same error message? As soon as i install online armour, anti malware turns itself off. So odd

Is this the free version of Online Armor?

Do you consider yourself to need a third-party firewall w/ HIPS, or can you just use Windows 7 Firewall?

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Bought Online armour premium with Anti Malware so id like to use something I paid for

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Through countless emails and reinstalls of emsisoft I give up. I will wait for the new version and hope it works with my pc. Now its just the heads or tails of G data or Avast internet security.

D

Deleted member 178

Reformat my friend, reformat your system !!!! (MalwareTips recurrent joke ^^) :p

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Lol i just did to be honest, it was driving me nuts!!! Forgot I own F secure as well lol

D

Deleted member 178

ok give me online premium license, so you will never be bothered by it anymore :p

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Still working with the team at Emsisoft, have to do a debug and email the results

Really looking for software that I just install and it works

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If we are talking about detection rates then Gdata since two engines however the resource of a RAM was problem when it was install in the system while ESET have no problem in RAM consumption + it have a good detection rates also.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Im not sure how ram usage is a problem these days when most pcs have about 4 gigs. I have 8 gigs of ram and I have noticed when i play some games eg Rift it will use over 1 gig of ram.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it used 4 GB of RAM surely you cannot feel the slowdown and may take more ram, but its not a big deal since a 4GB ram even a 8GB of RAM.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
So Eset is worth the money as it is one of the most expensive suites? As is kaspersky being around the same price

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well the good thing is to find a discount price to save a money from a original price. Since it was very expensive suites.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Is trend micro worth buying or is it just a cloud only software, sort of leaning towards Nis at the moment

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
All of the debug data has been sent and forwarded onto the developing team at Emsisoft. One thing for sure they have the best customer service. I cannot get Emsisoft and Online armour to work together and both be turned on as per say in the security center so I can either re install Anti Malware with just the windows 7 firewall or try out F secure 2011 as I picked up a license for that a few months ago for 40 bucks

D

Deleted member 178

40$ and you didnt used it...waste of money, F-Secure is one of the best security suite actually ^^

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
It is still valid:p Emsisoft just gave me a link to a beta of online armour to try out, so if it doesnt work you know what ill be installing. Is it compatable with Malwarebytes pro?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.