Dark elixas setup

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Reinstalled Avast to find all programs now allowed to connect to the internet, how wonderfull. Hard choice between avast and gdata as they are both very nice programs. G data has a nice web filter, while avast has the sandbox and safe zone

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
The more I try Emsisoft the more I think it is online armour conflicting with Antimalware

darkelixa said:
The more I try Emsisoft the more I think it is online armour conflicting with Antimalware

Finally Emsisofts Antimalware online armour and malwarebytes pro running in harmony:p

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hows Emsisoft memory usage working for you? I got it installed after receiving my personal key, Checked my Task Manager > Clicked Show All Processors. Emsisoft processors 4K in total.
Lightest usage I've seen to date in any AV.

D

Deleted member 178

Almost same for me; but how much for the a2services.exe? and what component did you turn on?

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Almost same for me; but how much for the a2services.exe? and what component did you turn on?

Doing a deep scan at the moment and I'm using around the 100mb mark max when not in scan very low ram usage

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Usually Idle around 8mb of ram usuage. Only annoying part of the software is the security center telling me Emsisoft Anti Malware is not turned on

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
  1. darkelixa said:
    Or is there a way to stop Emsisoft Antimalware blocking legitamate websites all the time. Even when i open Msn messenger i get a little popup saying a website has been blocked
    [attachment=595]
    EMA isn't blocking legit websites, the Surf Protection from EMA is blocking some 3rd party scripts from loading, most of them are advertise ,which won't harm your system.
    You can chose to block them silently if you don't like to see that alert. Just go to Main UI > Guard > Surf Protection and on the "Tracking Cookies" and "Other malicious host" select " Block silently".
  2. darkelixa said:
    Usually Idle around 8mb of ram usuage. Only annoying part of the software is the security center telling me Emsisoft Anti Malware is not turned on
    [attachment=596]
    I do have EMA installed on my system and I don't get any alerts from Windows Action Center.Is EMA enabled? Are all the Guards active?
    Did you follow bogdan advice?

As for you real time protection, MBAM is not need it , you should really remove it as it may conflict with your other real time protection and cause a BSOD/system crash.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 483
  • 1.png
    1.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 490

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
I did as he said and turned the spyware and related programs checkbox off and still asks me to turn emsisoft antimalware on. I believe the guards are turned on as the shield is yellow

D

Deleted member 178

MBAM Pro real time shield is not so useful and eat some significant ressources, just turn off the shield.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
darkelixa said:
Yeah infected before Emsisoft was installed..

Possibly your PC could still be infected with malware?

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Did a full re install of windows 7 so I dont think it is malware infected anymore. Have been in contact with the helpfull staff at Emsisoft:p

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Still no luck as soon as I install Online Armour Windows security alert reports to me that Emsisoft anti malware has been turned off. Might try G data, bitdefender or a different software until version 6 is released

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Looking to purchase or use my G data. What would you guys recommend. Gdata, Eset or Anti vira:p i thank you for your input. Have spent along time trying to get the system to work with emsisoft antimalware and online armour

D

Deleted member 178

Gdata, you have the license already... why spent money in others vendors, and why buy so many licenses? btw i never pay for a security solution, and if i must buy one, i will buy Norton iS.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
if you use your computer on home, then just use FREE antivirus ,with a better firewall such as online armor free :)
or, personally i use avast free with malwarebytes pro

by the way, your config's are very strong

D

Deleted member 178

darkelixa said:
Will use G data total care then:p I feel more secure with a paid vs a free software

That is a common legend, Avast free or Comodo IS are more secure and light on ressources than most paid softwares. You like Gdata but one of its engine is Avast ^^

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
I like G data because I am not getting pop ups to turn the anti virus software on, have been looking at other paid alternatives lol security addicted

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.