Dark elixas setup

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Paid software isn't always better, you can still get infected with malware using Norton,ESET,Kaspersky. Just check their Forums.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
Paid software isn't always better

I agree, sometimes they are worst. An humble free software used by an aware user is more efficient than a super-soft used by an idiot.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Going to use Avast Internet Security 6 with Google Chrome in Auto Sandbox always until I can afford Eset Smart Security

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Oh really? And better than the actual Bit Defender itself? As so many company are based around its engine

D

Deleted member 178

It is not because many vendors use an engine than it is necessarily better than others product.

F-Secure is not so bad here : http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Could never get EAM and Online to work in security center a bug they need to fix

Still going crazy on an antivirus suite :( still love paid over free thou

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I never understood if Online Armor was working but Windows falsely reported that it was turned off. Or Online Armor couldn't detect anything/was indeed off?

D

Deleted member 178

Actually i'm using this combo; the bug appears sometimes when EAM is turn on manually (not at the boot) and can be fix by turning off-on the 3 shields; except for Darkelixas ^^

D

Deleted member 178

yep only when OA or EAM are loaded manually, then i did my procedure and after no more problems.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Just had to uninstall Bitdefender to update crysis 2, very annoying. How is Emsisoft and Online armour treating people? Still getting the same bug message?

D

Deleted member 178

lol Elixa, i told you your system is dead, REFORMAT !!! the bug still there because no new version, but i found out that is only the File Shield of EAM that is needed to turn off and on ^^

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Anyone tried bullguard or Avira Premium Security? Or anything else worth purchasing? Money is not really an issue for security and peace of mind. Im really after a suite thats mostly automated without bugs and not blocking software. Emsisoft is always promting me for pop ups for what to do and gets annoying after a while and Bitdefender loves to block games

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.