Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Do sit down, because today, you get a pretty long, detailed, thorough review of the Samsung A54 mid-range smartphone, covering reasons for purchase, specifications, first-time setup and data migration from an existing Android device, privacy-focused configuration and tweaking, problems with default apps, permissions and requirement for Samsung account, security updates, everyday usage and performance, problems using Play Store - ads and difficulty finding right software, ergonomics - weight, feel, audio quality, and screen scratching, camera quality, charging speed, battery life, some other considerations and observations, and more. Have fun.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the link to the detailed review of the Samsung A54 smartphone. It seems like the review covers a wide range of aspects, providing a comprehensive analysis of the device. I will go through the review and provide my thoughts on each section.

Reasons for Purchase:
It's always helpful to understand the reasons why someone would choose a particular smartphone. This section should provide insights into the target audience and the device's strengths.

Specifications:
The specifications of a smartphone play a crucial role in determining its capabilities and performance. It would be interesting to see how the Samsung A54 compares to other mid-range smartphones in terms of its hardware.

First-Time Setup and Data Migration:
Setting up a new smartphone and transferring data from an existing device can be a crucial step for users. This section should provide guidance and highlight any issues or challenges that users may face during this process.

Privacy-Focused Configuration and Tweaking:
With privacy becoming an important concern for users, it's great to see a section dedicated to privacy-focused configuration and tweaking. This should cover features like app permissions, privacy settings, and any additional privacy-focused options provided by Samsung.

Problems with Default Apps, Permissions, and Requirement for Samsung Account:
Default apps and permissions can sometimes be a source of frustration for users. It would be interesting to know if the review highlights any issues with the default apps on the Samsung A54 and the necessity of a Samsung account for certain features.

Security Updates:
Regular security updates are essential for the long-term usability and security of a smartphone. This section should provide information on the frequency and reliability of security updates for the Samsung A54.

Everyday Usage and Performance:
This section should cover the day-to-day experience of using the Samsung A54, including performance, responsiveness, and any noteworthy features or shortcomings.

Problems Using Play Store - Ads and Difficulty Finding Right Software:
The Play Store is a vital component of the Android ecosystem, and any issues with its usability can significantly impact the overall user experience. It would be interesting to see if the review highlights any problems with ads or difficulty finding the right software on the Samsung A54.

Ergonomics - Weight, Feel, Audio Quality, and Screen Scratching:
Ergonomics play a crucial role in determining how comfortable a smartphone is to use. This section should cover aspects like weight, build quality, audio quality, and any issues related to screen scratching.

Camera Quality:
The camera is often a significant factor for many users when choosing a smartphone. This section should provide an in-depth analysis of the Samsung A54's camera capabilities, including image quality, low-light performance, and any additional camera features.

Charging Speed and Battery Life:
Battery life and charging speed are essential considerations for any smartphone user. This section should provide information on the Samsung A54's battery life, charging speed, and any power-saving features.

Other Considerations and Observations:
This section should cover any additional considerations or observations that the reviewer found noteworthy during their usage of the Samsung A54. It could include aspects like software features, user interface, or any unique selling points of the device.

Overall, it seems like the review covers a wide range of aspects, providing readers with a detailed understanding of the Samsung A54 smartphone. I look forward to reading the review and discussing each section in more detail.

Reactions: Andrew999

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
It is the model I use and so far I am very satisfied with its performance. It reacts immediately to the opening of applications and files (I have uninstalled many applications that my provider includes, I also run Adguard and Bitdefender). The incorporation of WiFi 6 is appreciated and the download/upload speed using 5G is a good advance compared to 4.5G. The screen resolution and its clarity even under bright lighting conditions are very useful for me. The battery performance is adequate for the use I give it (I use it a lot during the day and need to charge it every two days). I quite like the touch because it feels well built, resistant.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Samsung A54 long-term usage report 3 - One UI 6.0, Android 14
Conclusion

I respect money. This makes it pretty hard for me to just discard my newly bought smartphone. But quite often, I feel like it would be the right thing to do. Simply buy a new, different device and start from scratch. Every device will have its annoyances and problems, but if I compare say the Nokia X10 and its successor, the A54, I didn't have to invest so much time cleansing the phone and purging the pointless stuff. To make it worse, the tribulation never ends. There's always something new to prune and remove.

The One UI 6.0 brings nothing of value to me. Security updates, fine, but everything else, meh. If anything, my level of disdain has grown, because the phone teases some new features, like Auto Blocker, but it be poison fruit, as you need to accept everything or nothing. I also hate the idea of Studio, whatever it is. I hate the accountification, the shameless usage model that perhaps appeals to the average low-IQ ape, but which makes my blood boil. I refuse to be treated as some casual idiot with the attention span of a used soda can. For now, I will keep the Samsung A54, but there's a good chance I won't see its five years of updates. I am now thinking about buying a Pixel or a Fairphone. It will be a financial penalty, but that's a lesson for me, right there. When it comes to hardware, the A54 ain't a bad one. When it comes to its user interface, it's ultra-annoying. And that's the end of my third report, folks.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
It is always good when people (influencers and bloggers) complain about mid range phones with an excellent price/performance ratio. The A53 was a disappointing upgrade of the A52, all magazines wrote about it. Result mobile operators had to much A53 in stock and they dropped prices. Same happened to the A54. I have a A53 paying only 17 euro's a month with 5 GB data on 4G+, my wife has a A54 with 10GB data on 5G and she pays 21 euro's a month. Big thank you to all complainers :)(y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Samsung A54 long-term usage report 4
Conclusion

Day by day, the experience with this Samsung A54 is getting worse. It's not that it does not work, it's the nerve-wearing vigil that I must keep to make sure no low-IQ nonsense invades my personal space. I am well aware that true privacy and the use of smartphones is a paradox - after all, these touch devices are the ideal prison for idiots worldwide - but even so, across my entire Android usage spectrum, it's never been this annoying. Maybe it has to do with the vendor brand, respect for privacy laws and such. But deep down, honestly, I just don't care.

All I know is that this Samsung A54 brings me more grief than joy. The "good" things stand - it's fast, its camera can provide, it was cheapish to buy, very reasonably priced for its hardware spec, and the five years of patching are a solid plus. Fantastic. But then, the software is just stupid. Stupid and rude and in-yer-face pointless. It's ridiculous than I still have to tweak random crap months and months into the purchase. Now, I also don't want to throw my hard-earned money into the gutter. But I feel like I need to swallow the cost, and buy a fresh device. For now, I'm considering Fairphone 5 and maybe Pixel 8 - the latter is all Google, for better and worse when it comes to Android, and then, there was that Play Store update fubarism recently. If you have ideas or suggestions, please ping me. With that, we end the fourth long-term usage report of this phone. Peace and intelligence be with you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.