New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
No, it's a front-end for MS Defender. The Pro version has VS 'Light' according to @danb.

Is Pro still free?
It says "DefenderUI is brought to you from the developers of VoodooShield CyberLock, the leading Adaptive Zero Trust solution, so you can trust that DefenderUI is 100% clean and free"
I have active subscription for VoodooShield, so I thought I would use it for Pro version of DefenderUI.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Is Defender UI a new name for voodoo shield?
No it isn't. VoodooShield was renamed to VoodooShield CyberLock. DefenderUI is a tool that can improve the protection of Microsoft Defender and has some additional features of VoodooShield included. Just a few tho.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
It says "DefenderUI is brought to you from the developers of VoodooShield CyberLock, the leading Adaptive Zero Trust solution, so you can trust that DefenderUI is 100% clean and free"
I have active subscription for VoodooShield, so I thought I would use it for Pro version of DefenderUI.
You can either use DefenderUI Free + VoodooShield or you can use DefenderUI Pro as a standalone software. You shouldn't use DefenderUI Pro and VoodooShield together as the overlap of security features may result in issues. At least that's what @danb said a while ago.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Does anyone know the difference in system performance between the Default Mode, Recommended mode and Aggressive mode of DefenderUI? Is it noticeable and does it impact gaming?
I have used DefenderUI mostly in Recommended mode, sometimes in Custom mode, I have not noticed any increased performance impact here above or beyond the typical Defender performance.

mk187

Oct 8, 2015
Seems, they fix it very quickly. Download again and scan and clean now on Virustotal but still W32/Felix:CO:Delphi!Eldorado on virscan.org

https://www.virscan.org/report/91cdec98e7a3cb18a2ecbc7065e7d12f8e8a8acc0d29bd795c110ae92885d610

Metadefender also detected 1 threat

https://metadefender.opswat.com/results/file/bzIzMDcyOHl4N1RpSnlvSDZSOWVhWE9ETkU/regular/overview

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Microsoft made a change to Microsoft Defender, so now DefenderUI's "Clean and Repair Protection History" option is not working. I am working on a fix, but it is quite difficult to fix because they really locked down the files that need to be deleted in order to clean and repair the protection history. Getting close though... ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here are the latest versions of DefenderUI. The Clear and Repair Protection History is now fixed. Microsoft really locked down the files that need to be deleted in order to perform this operation, so DefenderUI will boot into Windows Safe Mode to remove the necessary files, then it will automatically boot back into Normal Mode. There were a few other small changes, and I added all of the new web and vulnerable apps to DefenderUI Pro. I will release this to the public in a few days.

Thank you guys!

DefenderUI 1.11
SHA-256: cba473e0b18f79321d9e3e35cfd67f0d0db0f72e32f209ff31d3c179883c0317

DefenderUIPro 1.11
SHA-256: 45d7c3a5621626f8acf6f8925bd2d8005dac7fbba3f0e739d3aad5bbcdefc162

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Hey guys, here are the latest versions of DefenderUI. The Clear and Repair Protection History is now fixed. Microsoft really locked down the files that need to be deleted in order to perform this operation, so DefenderUI will boot into Windows Safe Mode to remove the necessary files, then it will automatically boot back into Normal Mode. There were a few other small changes, and I added all of the new web and vulnerable apps to DefenderUI Pro. I will release this to the public in a few days.

Thank you guys!

DefenderUI 1.11
SHA-256: cba473e0b18f79321d9e3e35cfd67f0d0db0f72e32f209ff31d3c179883c0317

DefenderUIPro 1.11
SHA-256: 45d7c3a5621626f8acf6f8925bd2d8005dac7fbba3f0e739d3aad5bbcdefc162
Thanks for the update!

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I normally use Config Defender, and I have tried DefenderUI in the very distant past. :) But never before, DefenderUI Pro, so my question is this. Is it normal that after installment and rebooting that DefenderUIService temporarily uses around 62% Processor? I am not worried because it dropped to 0% after a short while, I am just curious. Is this because of the lite VS version in the Pro version?

Reactions: danb

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I normally use Config Defender, and I have tried DefenderUI in the very distant past. :) But never before, DefenderUI Pro, so my question is this. Is it normal that after installment and rebooting that DefenderUIService temporarily uses around 62% Processor? I am not worried because it dropped to 0% after a short while, I am just curious. Is this because of the lite VS version in the Pro version?
Yeah, it must have been taking a snapshot or running a whitelistcloud scan. DefenderUI should use essentially zero CPU, RAM and HDD / SSD. If for some reason you notice this is not the case, please let me know, thank you!

• Thanks
  • Applause
Reactions: Brahman and Morro

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.