New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
It does, when it wants to install the update it will just prompt the UAC window to ask for permission. Other than that, it sits nicely in the icon tray. :D If you're using the non-pro version, like myself, then v1.07 is currently the latest version up for grabs. (y)
Cool, thank you for answering that, I guess I will see once that update is available for the free (normal) version.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Still, it's a legitimate question for @danb. How do we empty the contents of the Defender Security Log in DefenderUI?
I believe this is correct, if not please let me know...

Open Windows Event Viewer and clear the "Applications and Services Logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows Defender / Operational" log by right clicking on Operational and selecting Clear Log.

We should be able to create a button for this as well in the future. Thank you!

chrisgogrn

Sep 7, 2022
I believe this is correct, if not please let me know...
Open Windows Event Viewer and clear the "Applications and Services Logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows Defender / Operational" log by right clicking on Operational and selecting Clear Log.
We should be able to create a button for this as well in the future. Thank you!

Thank you! It's all right :)

and thank you in advance for the upcoming button !!!

fredvries

Level 1
Oct 16, 2021
I hope it is allowed, but I created a little post on how to manually empty the Windows Defender Security Log.

2022-09-25_171652.png

See here: https://phrozennews.blogspot.com/.../how-to-empty-windows...

Refract2449

Sep 29, 2022
got to love the internet..

been trying to find a fix for the Windows defender protection history is missing bug that has plagued my PC recently making the "Controlled folder access" feauture a pain to use. of course none of the useless psudo solutions from the microsoft employees work ("it's not windows, its you").

now i not only found a tool that supposedly fixes it (haven't tested it yet - been busy reading about the app), managed to strenghen microsoft defender with a click of a button and got a much safer AV solution overall combined with voodooshield features.

thank you @danb will donate as soon as I can (promise - I feel indebted).

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Hey Guys!

Here are the latest versions of DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro. There were only small changes a couple of very minor bug fixes.

DefenderUI 1.07
SHA-256: 99235e59511f3c2ef6772b1fd16f90d1cd43199cc4f6ce3a317cd8c41f421143

DefenderUIPro 1.08
SHA-256: 731ebe9c1e43e1ba39e42f20065e007009daa6a293d8b13fc52412d1bccd2f57

Thank you guys!

Dan

I unistalled voodooshield to try Defender UI pro but I get this.
1665951655619.png

fredvries

Level 1
Oct 16, 2021
DefenderUI blocks access to linkedIn.com. I have to disable the Windows Firewall setting/button in DefenderUI to gain access.

Is a solution possible?

Reactions: Dave Russo

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
DefenderUI blocks access to linkedIn.com. I have to disable the Windows Firewall setting/button in DefenderUI to gain access.

Is a solution possible?
Weird, I have DefenderUI and do not have this problem, in fact, I do not think that any websites have been blocked by DefenderUI for me.

Try setting DefenderUI to Recommended settings and reseting your Whitelist, if that does not work, then maybe it is a setting in Windows Security or your web browser or something else causing the problem.

Reactions: simmerskool

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Same here. Tamper Protection is there for a reason. Now as @cruelsister mentioned, there is malware that specifically targets MD.
I apologize, I should have been more clear.

You only need to disable Tamper Protection in DefenderUI if you want to use the following features. Disabling Tamper Protection is not a DefenderUI requirement, it is a Microsoft requirement, and applies to ALL software that manages, controls or configures Microsoft Defender.

Real-time Protection
Behavior Monitoring
Scan all downloaded files and attachments
Script scanning
Threat Default Actions.

Otherwise, you can leave Tamper Protection enabled.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.