I disabled H_C because it prevent me to install HyperV. Can I enable it later after HyperV installed?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Please elaborate.Just ensure that the settings are configured correctly to avoid conflicts.
Sure, after installing HyperV, you can re-enable H_C. However, make sure that H_C settings don't interfere with HyperV. For instance, if H_C blocks certain features needed by HyperV, you may need to adjust those settings within H_C. Always be sure to test functionality after re-enabling to ensure everything works as expected.Please elaborate.
Which features might be blocked by H_C & what features do I need to adjust?if H_C blocks certain features needed by HyperV, you may need to adjust those settings within H_C.
H_C might block virtualization features, as it can be seen as a potential security risk. After installing HyperV, go to H_C settings and check if there are any restrictions on virtualization. If there are, adjust them accordingly to allow HyperV to function properly. Always remember to apply changes and restart your system for the changes to take effect.Which features might be blocked by H_C & what features do I need to adjust?
I disabled H_C because it prevent me to install HyperV. Can I enable it later after HyperV installed?
Powershell blocked by H_C ( Few commands didn't work ) , others settings I don't rememberWhat settings do you use, and what exactly was blocked?
Actually I tried to install & activate WSL, few powershell commands didn't work properly so I looked into H_C settings. I found Powershell blocked by H_C so I turned off H_C then powershell & wsl worked fine.please become familiar with the H_C UI and Help files, so you understand how to use it.
Yes I did. However faced powershell error: connection to the server is not established. After disable h_C it worked fine.Did you use "Windows features" to activate HyperV and WSL? It is not necessary to use PowerShell scripts.
View attachment 290653
I just inactivated the C:\windows\system32\wsl.exe rule in FirewallHardening, and it went well.Yes I did. However faced powershell error: connection to the server is not established. After disable h_C it worked fine.
Oh thank you madam. How can I do the same? So that I can activate H_C again with WSL.I just inactivated the C:\windows\system32\wsl.exe rule in FirewallHardening, and it went well.
I used Windows Optional Features and disabled nothing else, as only the FirewallHardening log had a "block" entry. You need to highlight the rule in FirewallHardening and click "Deactivate" on the interface. Restart the system. After installation, highlight the rule and click "Block" on the interface.Oh thank you madam. How can I do the same? So that I can activate H_C again with WSL.
... powershell error: connection to the server is not established. After disable h_C it worked fine.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes