Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
Hello,
So I have seen that Windows 10 build 10240 came out,should I install it or should i wait till July 29th

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you are an active user to test the builds then go ahead, nothing should happen any wrongful situation. But if not then better secure your reservation to receive the most stable version as possible of Windows 10 valid to be lifetime.

Just feel your guts which you prefer to be comfortable.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hello,
So I have seen that Windows 10 build 10240 came out,should I install it or should i wait till July 29th
That choice is up to you.
IMO the best advice would be to wait until the 29th
The RTM is the retail version released early to manufactures so they can work out any bugs or kinks with hardware/software
Like any new software there will always be some kinks that will be addressed with further updates.
I have installed the RTM versions of Windows in the past and never ran into any problems except some minor bugs with some software
However you have 1 yr to perform the free upgrade so I see no reason to be in a rush to install it .Best to wait on the final stable version.

Xanoas

Level 2
Verified
May 10, 2014
If you wanna test it out before it comes then go ahead and do it, but make sure you partition your drive if you only have one because you don't want it to delete your current OS and then install because Microsoft warns that the preview version is not stable and will have problems. I'll post a link below for a websites that can help you dual boot either windows 7 and windows 10 or windows 8 and windows 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-with-windows-7-or-8/

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any issues that you encounter, follow the guides at your own risk.

Reactions: jamescv7

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It's been stable (but not without bugs, namely with the store and modern apps) for me for over a month.

You'll have to reinstall your 7/8.x and upgrade after launch anyway, so better to just wait rather than waste all that time for only 2 weeks if you value your time.

You don't have to "secure your reservation"; GWX does absolutely nothing in that regard.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
wait bro just less than 2 weeks & you'll have a stable version in your hands.

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Lol you have to wait to 2 weeks to come out I don't recommend to download unofficial download links it's coming out very soon

JD15

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2015
I find it very strange, why is microsoft giving and pushing windows 10 for temp free on windows 7-8 users

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I find it very strange, why is microsoft giving and pushing windows 10 for temp free on windows 7-8 users
This might answer your question
http://malwaretips.com/threads/saty...l-help-microsoft-lure-phone-developers.48364/
Windows 10 is free for only 12 months starting from 29th July, after that if you want it W10 you have to pay for it.
If you upgrade within 1 yr your license is forever.If you do not perform the upgrade within 1 yr you will have to purchase Windows 10

Reactions: Xanoas and JD15

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Windows 10 is free for only 12 months starting from 29th July, after that if you want it W10 you have to pay for it.
Absolutely not the case; the free upgrade offer for the life-of-the-device licence expires 1 year after launch

Reactions: Xanoas and JD15

JD15

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2015
Absolutely not the case; the free upgrade offer for the life-of-the-device licence expires 1 year after launch
What you mean by; free upgrade offer for the life-of-the-device licence expires 1 year after launch?. My understanding regarding W10 offer is; From 29th July you can upgrade free to Windows 10, this offer expires after 12 months and if after the expired period you would want to upgrade it will not be free.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@JD15 : @Rolo meant to say, is that you must secure an upgrade to retrive a lifetime license in Windows 10 once the process start on July 27.

Reactions: JD15

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
it is still buggy.

High RAM usage

WINDOWS 10 HIGH RAM USAGE.jpg

Reactions: Secondmineboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.