Jan 16, 2023
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
N/A
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time security
Emsisoft Business
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Behavioral protection set to alert
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
NPE
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera Browser
Secure DNS
Stopped using NextDNS system-wide. It is only used in Opera using Secure DNS option
Desktop VPN
Hotspot Shield Premium
Password manager
Enpass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
Revo Uninstaller Portable
Hibit Uninstaller
File and Photo backup
Koofr
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Home 2023
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Acer Aspire E5-576G
Intel Corei7-7500U
8GB of RAM
Adata SU650 480 GB
What I'm looking for?

Not looking for any feedback.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Tested with LibreWolf browser. Same Error Code 403

So, Ungoogled Chromium and LibreWolf browsers are not supported because they are not code-signed

Tested with Firefox browser and it works well
According to Enpass support, this is a security measure. They recommend using code-signed browsers.

I really like Ungoogled Chromium, but I wish it was signed.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Installed Emsisoft Business.

After a very long time in assessing my password practices. I have decided to go back to Enpass, but with a much more secure config.

Now I have two vaults. The primary vault is used to store logins (without 2FA data) and product keys. The second vault is only used to store 2FA keys and backup codes. Both vault are protected by completely different passwords and I have made Enpass generate two different key files for increased security. Both vaults are synced to my Koofr account using WebDav. The generated key files are not stored in the cloud and thus, if an attacker gains access to my synced Enpass dafa, they would still need the keyfiles to decrypt the vaults. Tbh, I am very satisfied with this config even though it is inconvenient.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Installed Emsisoft Business.

After a very long time in assessing my password practices. I have decided to go back to Enpass, but with a much more secure config.

Now I have two vaults. The primary vault is used to store logins (without 2FA data) and product keys. The second vault is only used to store 2FA keys and backup codes. Both vault are protected by completely different passwords and I have made Enpass generate two different key files for increased security. Both vaults are synced to my Koofr account using WebDav. The generated key files are not stored in the cloud and thus, if an attacker gains access to my synced Enpass dafa, they would still need the keyfiles to decrypt the vaults. Tbh, I am very satisfied with this config even though it is inconvenient.
This is the solution I used to use but as you said it is inconvenient.
I no longer use a keyfile because I know that a simple password can be strong enough if it is long enough, however, I feel that the advancement of technology makes it inevitable that I will have to start using a keyfile again.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Now I have gone further and synced my two vaults to different clouds. The primary vault is synced to my Koofr while my 2FA vault is synced to iCloud.
Now I got you, then you talk around that you don't sync your passwords in the cloud using a PM? Using the PM server cloud or not, can be iCloud,G.Drive,Onedrive,Dropbox,etc....All are considered in the cloud always a risk, hosting the database on the web anywhere is a risk even using WebDav. Store passwords locally, are very few people who do this. Even more people who use 2 or 3 devices as is my case here and many people here in MT.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Now I got you, then you talk around that you don't sync your passwords in the cloud using a PM? Using the PM server cloud or not, can be iCloud,G.Drive,Onedrive,Dropbox,etc....All are considered in the cloud always a risk, hosting the database on the web anywhere is a risk even using WebDav. Store passwords locally, are very few people who do this. Even more people who use 2 or 3 devices as is my case here and many people here in MT.
You are right. Storing passwords locally is the safest. Unfortunately, WIFI sync is not %100 reliable. Thus, I decided to store the vault in my own cloud. It is a security risk, I agree. But tbh it is more secure (or less valuable to hackers) that storing it on companies servers. It makes more sense to hackers to target BW, Dashlane or any other password manager servers which hosts the data of millions of customers rather that targetting the poor Divine_Barakah’s cloud.

I am going to play with Wifi sync (of course I have backups of my passwords in case sth wrong happens) and I am going to report issues to Enpass.

I reported issues with SP wifi sync but support could not fix them. They said that wifi sync works best if used in two devices not more. I hope Enpass support do better when I report issues to them.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You are right. Storing passwords locally is the safest. Unfortunately, WIFI sync is not %100 reliable. Thus, I decided to store the vault in my own cloud. It is a security risk, I agree. But tbh it is more secure (or less valuable to hackers) that storing it on companies servers. It makes more sense to hackers to target BW, Dashlane or any other password manager servers which hosts the data of millions of customers rather that targetting the poor Divine_Barakah’s cloud.

I am going to play with Wifi sync (of course I have backups of my passwords in case sth wrong happens) and I am going to report issues to Enpass.

I reported issues with SP wifi sync but support could not fix them. They said that wifi sync works best if used in two devices not more. I hope Enpass support do better when I report issues to them.

Instead of storing in clouds for easy access outdoor, you can store in encrypted portable SSD with a backup SSD at home. Safer than storing in clouds since you are controlling the SSDs. Sometimes clouds can have glitches and access can be disrupted or being hacked unless you are paying for safer, better-privacy encrypted zero-knowledge cloud services. Also, you don't need to deal with different cloud providers

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Instead of storing in clouds for easy access outdoor, you can store in encrypted portable SSD with a backup SSD at home. Safer than storing in clouds since you are controlling the SSDs. Sometimes clouds can have glitches and access can be disrupted or being hacked unless you are paying for safer, better-privacy encrypted zero-knowledge cloud services. Also, you don't need to deal with different cloud providers
I have Enpass Portable on USB 3 drive and I am using it. I am only using cloud sync only to sync my password to my mobile devices. Unfortunately, storing my passwords on an SSD (or usb drive in my case) does not not solve that.

I might use the usb drive to access my password on my computers and maybe enable wifi sync to sync my passwords to my mobiles? I will see about that.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have Enpass Portable on USB 3 drive and I am using it. I am only using cloud sync only to sync my password to my mobile devices. Unfortunately, storing my passwords on an SSD (or usb drive in my case) does not not solve that.

I might use the usb drive to access my password on my computers and maybe enable wifi sync to sync my passwords to my mobiles? I will see about that.
I believe this encrypted USB flash drive from iStorage datAshur solves the syncing issue between Windows and mobile. Get one for backup as well. Everything is in your control

Amazon product ASIN B015DB9G7S
Also comes with a biometric version

Amazon product ASIN B08GMBRHTZ

Last edited:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
You are right. Storing passwords locally is the safest.
Yes, correct locally is more "Safe"
Unfortunately, WIFI sync is not %100 reliable.
I wouldn't say %100 but %98.99. WiFi syncing works as follows, you have 4 devices on your network, these devices are represented by A,B,C,D for a little comparison. When you add an account in your PM on device A, it will sync seamlessly with A and B, plus C and D the account will not receive that account, so it was just syncing between device A and B. For some unknown reason they don't see devices C and D. It's just an analogy of mine, if you don't understand, just disregard what I said.
Thus, I decided to store the vault in my own cloud. It is a security risk, I agree.
Your own cloud? I'm crazy about it. :LOL:
But tbh it is more secure (or less valuable to hackers) that storing it on companies servers.
Gee whiz, if your private cloud is more secure I am interested in buying how much is it? is it by subscription or lifetime license?😉
It makes more sense to hackers to target BW, Dashlane or any other password manager servers which hosts the data of millions of customers rather that targetting the poor Divine_Barakah’s cloud.
Yes, this is true hackers interest famous people, celebrities, politicians, CEO of a company, businessmen, journalists, government officials, if you don't fit this description then you are "safe".
Yes, of course I am right you are their customer, any problem you have the technical support for that, just open a ticket.
I reported issues with SP wifi sync but support could not fix them. They said that wifi sync works best if used in two devices not more.
It is sad to hear this, we will talk more about SP another day.
I hope Enpass support do better when I report issues to them.
I hope it works perfectly, when I used enpass many years ago there was no syncing via WiFi, it was just store locally or sync via WebDav or use GDrive,OneDrive,Dropbox now it has been a while since I used enpass so I am misinformed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.