Jan 16, 2023
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
N/A
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time security
Emsisoft Business
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Behavioral protection set to alert
Periodic malware scanners
EEK
NPE
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera Browser
Secure DNS
Stopped using NextDNS system-wide. It is only used in Opera using Secure DNS option
Desktop VPN
Hotspot Shield Premium
Password manager
Enpass
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
Revo Uninstaller Portable
Hibit Uninstaller
File and Photo backup
Koofr
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Home 2023
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Acer Aspire E5-576G
Intel Corei7-7500U
8GB of RAM
Adata SU650 480 GB
What I'm looking for?

Not looking for any feedback.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
K. Licenses have regional countries restrictions, so They only can be activated in their assigned region:

You may try to surpass that (although not legal to K. eyes) using a VPN (only during the activation) connected to a server from the original country license code.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
K. Licenses have regional countries restrictions, so They only can be activated in their assigned region:

You may try to surpass that (although not legal to K. eyes) using a VPN (only during the activation) connected to a server from the original country license code.
I am well aware that I can use a VPN to activate the product, but ill restrain from doing that as it is illegal.

I am using Kaspersky on my main PC and it expires tomorrow. I am not sure if I will renew. I might Install Norton 360 Instead.

I uninstalled both AOMEI backupper Pro and O&O Diskimage.

Now I’m using the Bootable iso of Acronis and it is working great.

I’m not renewing Microsoft Family and ‘ll be using Softmaker Office 2021.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
What makes you still stick with Enpass since its android app has trackers?

Are there any strengths and weaknesses in using Enpass over say SP, BW etc

Thanks

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
@roger_m was right that my laptop supports NVMe, but I do not need the extra speed as the Sata M.2 is not that slow.

As for the price, I paid $35 for the Adata SU650 480GB M.2 which is very cheap.

Reactions: CyberTech

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The Adata SU650 NS38 was a bad decision. Its temprature is high, constantly being 35 c. According to Adata this is normal, but still it is high.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Been working on my laptop for a few hours.

Installed the following:

-Norton 360 for Gamers
-EaseUS Todo Backup Home 2023
-Macrorit Partition Expert
- Hibit Uninstaller
- Kerish Doctor
- Hard Disk Sentinel Professional
- Process Lasso Workstation Pro
- VLC
- AIMP
- iTunes
- Softmaker Office Professional 2021
- Microsoft Office 365
- Zotero
-Wonderahare PDFelement Pro

Been a busy day, but I am very satisfied with my laptop.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
What makes you still stick with Enpass since its android app has trackers?

Are there any strengths and weaknesses in using Enpass over say SP, BW etc

Thanks
Sorry for some reason I missed your reply.

First, I am using NextDNS which blocks the trackers in Enpass.

Enpass has many nice features which sticky password does not. First, cloud sync to a cloud of your choice. Second, the ability to create multiple vaults. Third, custom fields support. Finally it supports all browsers as long as they are signed (ungoogled chromium is not supported).

Regarding BW, it is cloud-based, so Enpass does offer better security for your data. Does BW allow you to create multiple vaults? I have not used Bw in a while so I do not know.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

Enpass has many nice features which sticky password does not. First, cloud sync to a cloud of your choice. Second, the ability to create multiple vaults. Third, custom fields support. Finally it supports all browsers as long as they are signed (ungoogled chromium is not supported).

Regarding BW, it is cloud-based, so Enpass does offer better security for your data. Does BW allow you to create multiple vaults? I have not used Bw in a while so I do not know.

I'm using non-mainstream browsers like Ungoogled Chromium, Librewolf for desktop and Mull and Kiwi browsers for android. I'm not sure whether they are supported by password managers. This is one issue I need to find out, although they have extensions for Chrome and Firefox. BW is a very popular PM. Wonder it supports the aforementioned browsers?

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I'm using non-mainstream browsers like Ungoogled Chromium, Librewolf for desktop and Mull and Kiwi browsers for android. I'm not sure whether they are supported by password managers. This is one issue I need to find out, although they have extensions for Chrome and Firefox. BW is a very popular PM. Wonder it supports the aforementioned browsers?
I am pretty sure they do. Just download BW extension from ungoogledextensions.com and add it to your browsers.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

You mean you cannot install Enpass extension to Ungoogled Chromium browser? Or you can install but have issues like cannot autofill, cannot use biometrics etc? I can install Enpass extension to my desktop Ungoogled Googled browser. BTW, I also installed BW extension for testing.

I am testing out Adguard for android now with its Adguard VPN. I believe it should be able to block outgoing Enpass trackers

23456.jpg

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
You mean you cannot install Enpass extension to Ungoogled Chromium browser? Or you can install but have issues like cannot autofill, cannot use biometrics etc? I can install Enpass extension to my desktop Ungoogled Googled browser, BTW, I also installed BW extension for testing.

View attachment 271836
No you cannot use Enpass extension in Ungoogled Chromium at all. It will not connect to Enpass client for the browser is not signed.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No you cannot use Enpass extension in Ungoogled Chromium at all. It will not connect to Enpass client for the browser is not signed.

Ok, I know what you mean now after installing the desktop client and trying to connect to the extension. Error 403 was thrown up.

Well will try BW then

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
But you can install without issue, right? The problem is the Enpass extension cannot connect to the desktop Enpass client you mean?
Enpass extension cannot function without the desktop client. It needs to connect to thedesktop client.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.