Q&A Do you trust 360 ?

Do you trust 360 Total security or as a company in terms of privacy?

• Total voters

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Thread author
Nov 11, 2017
Hi

just wanted to know if there has been any critical changes when talking about privacy and 360, of course it will collect some data but i wanna see how many people trust it or not

i hope there would be appropriate and respected opinions/answers:cool:

Best Regards and Have Nice Day :)

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

Moonhorse

Level 32
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I have used it bunch of times with no problems, i dont mind what country the antivirus is from

360 devs are often mentioned in bug bounty program by google finding zerodays aswell. I think huorong and wisevector are better than 360 though ( just my opinion)

roger_m

Level 37
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
360 devs are often mentioned in bug bounty program by google finding zerodays aswell. I think huorong and wisevector are better than 360 though ( just my opinion)
WiseVector is definitely better. 360 has much better signatures than Huorong. If you use custom HIPs rules in Huorong, it will have much better behavioural protection than 360.

Last edited:

peterfat111

Level 11
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
depends on how horrible their product is in china( aggressive ads, force browser home pages, very hard to uninstall, and many attempts to prevent itself from being uninstaled play word games, and bundled with 100000 other trash) I don't trust it

peterfat111

Level 11
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
The global version is easy to uninstall.
yes due to there are very good free avs out there, they have to try and make their product look good. But inside it is the same company who developed their China version which had 'features' that I mentioned. So, with all of these and some more things that I forgot, it has a terrible reputation. That is why I will never trust it.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Lament and roger_m