Advice Request Does Adguard for Windows has a real-time filtering log like in Adguard for Android?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Adguard screenshot.jpg

The above is a screenshot taken from my android phone on Adguard's Filtering Log in real-time. It's a continuously running list since Adguard for android is a device-wide app. Here one can see the trackers being blocked. I can also edit the trackers to be blocked/unblock

I tried looking in the desktop Adguard for this but could not find it. Anyone knows whether there's a real-time tracking feature of the trackers? I know there's a Filtering option in the General Settings but you need to do exporting. Not what I want

This is a great visual feature for real-time use

Last edited:

gromo3eka

Mar 1, 2023
View attachment 271887

The above is a screenshot taken from my android phone on Adguard's Filtering Log in real-time. It's a continuously running list since Adguard for android is a device-wide app. Here one can see the trackers being blocked. I can also edit the trackers to be blocked/unblock

I tried looking in the desktop Adguard for this but could not find it. Anyone knows whether there's a real-time tracking feature of the trackers? I know there's a Filtering option in the General Settings but you need to do exporting. Not what I want

This is a great visual feature for real-time use
its available in browser extension. and yes, it will show all requests, not only browser's

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Adguard for Windows does not have a real-time filtering log like the one in Adguard for Android. However, Adguard for Windows does offer a "Filtering log" feature under the "Advanced" section of the settings. This feature logs all filtering activities, including the blocked requests and notifications. You can also filter the log by date or domain name. While it is not real-time like the one in Adguard for Android, it still provides valuable information to monitor your system's filtering activities. I hope this helps!

Pixelman

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Adguard for Windows does not have a real-time filtering log like the one in Adguard for Android. However, Adguard for Windows does offer a "Filtering log" feature under the "Advanced" section of the settings. This feature logs all filtering activities, including the blocked requests and notifications. You can also filter the log by date or domain name. While it is not real-time like the one in Adguard for Android, it still provides valuable information to monitor your system's filtering activities. I hope this helps!
Thanks!
:emoji_beer:

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
OK, finally found it. It's inside the Adguard for Windows desktop, Adguard Browser Assistant extension and the Adguard AdBlocker extension.

A screenshot captured with LibreWolf browser on start up shows its connection to mozilla. This has been explained in the LW faq below

Does LibreWolf make any outgoing connections?#
Yes, but they aren't in any way privacy invading and they were carefully evaluated. Specifically they are needed to fetch and update the blocking lists used by uBO, Tracking Protection and certificate revocation, which we considered more important than disabling all outgoing connections, especially ones that are harmless. LibreWolf also makes an occasional connection to check wether you have received push notifications from websites you have subscribed to.

With that being said, LibreWolf is still commited to removing all privacy invading connections, and to keep all connections to the bare minimum required to maximize and balance privacy and security.

Unquote

Also noted is that MS Edge is making connections out before LW even though I did not open MS Edge

1679549436767.png

Attachments

• 1679548728462.png
    1679548728462.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.