Advice Request Dr Web CurIt not free anymore?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Hello

I went to download Dr Web Curit today and am getting a can not download free version anymore. They still send your download link via e-mail but in my case it won't let me download it and wants me to buy.
Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
You can still get it within the software Windows Repair Toolbox as far as I know. You can always download the latest version and other second opinion scanners from there:

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
You can still get it within the software Windows Repair Toolbox as far as I know. You can always download the latest version and other second opinion scanners from there:

YES, that works. Thank you so much.

I still wonder though if it just my IP address or if others are seeing this too?

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
Yes u are right with the link that i received on the email i got the same info...

u can always download from here:

i was able to download it from dr.web using the spanish site:

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021

404 Not Found​

openresty

I can download it..

pyboXgsP.png

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
No issues here on Brave Android. Maybe try Incognito/Private window.
Tried InPrivate with Edge with same result. Last time this happened, I tried Windows Repair Toolbox and that link worked. I will give that a try again and post back here.

Last edited by a moderator:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I get the 404 too, Firefox boxed w/Sandboxie--incidentally v. 98.1 has an update via the internal mechanism so after this, I'm gonna un-sandbox and let Firefox do its thang.

Might it be a regional (US) thing now? If so, would not be surprising.. But I don't know the answer, just that Tickle is not alone in this.

cureitd'.PNG

Edit: was able to get the download via the Softpedia link. Just not directly from the source itself. The download is actually for a malware scanner. Is that what was originally wanted?

cureitscanner.PNG

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
you need to accept the share statis option. If you don't it shows you to buy it I doer not to share the data

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220323_113305.jpg
    Screenshot_20220323_113305.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 176

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
you need to accept the share statis option. If you don't it shows you to buy it I doer not to share the data

Thanks but this was not the point. I was able to get to this stage only if I downloaded from Softpedia (post 6) Otherwise, I also get a 404 message. I had no interest in the product itself. :)

Reactions: brambedkar59
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I get the 404 too, Firefox boxed w/Sandboxie--incidentally v. 98.1 has an update via the internal mechanism so after this, I'm gonna un-sandbox and let Firefox do its thang.

Might it be a regional (US) thing now? If so, would not be surprising.. But I don't know the answer, just that Tickle is not alone in this.

Edit: was able to get the download via the Softpedia link. Just not directly from the source itself. The download is actually for a malware scanner. Is that what was originally wanted?

Does the Softpedia link give you the latest database? It changes every three days so a new download must be done to get the latest database.

Tried that but the database is out of date and can't be updated without getting the same 404 error.
Also anytime one downloads from other websites the EXE name is always curit. When downloading from official site, they always change the file name with random characters.

• Wow
Reactions: Nevi and plat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.