App Review Emsisoft Anti-Malware vs Kaspersky Total Security Comparative

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Nice test Shadowra :cool:!

Two very good products that should be at the top of the list of anyone installing 3rd party anti-virus.

I'm very fond of Emsisoft as a company (y), great for protection and privacy and have been a user in the past and it served me well.

Kaspersky is just a very well designed and developed anti-virus 👍, also used in the past but because of geopolitical tensions I'm not sure I will use again.

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hello and welcome to this comparison!

Today we will compare Emsisoft with Kaspersky.
The interfaces of the 2 antivirus are quite similar, they can be adapted to a novice or expert public due to their numerous settings.

On the web and on the fake crack, the 2 software are identical and pass the test.

On the pack, it is different. Kaspersky makes a machine completely safe. This is not the case with Emsisoft!
Emsisoft certainly defends itself, but lets some infections through, including a Java infection...

Kaspersky wins this duel!

@anirbandutta01 request

Thank you so much 😍 but I wrote that EIS vs KIS (EIS = ESET Internet Security vs KIS = Kaspersky Internet Security) 🙂

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Kaspersky is another world of protection 💚
Thanks @Shadowra 😗
I second this! Our analysis of script malware even recently shows that one of the best "automated" engines is Kaspersky! PE's are easy. Their PDM, HEUR and BSS are amazing! Even the SIG's!

Humans are needed for the complex and obfuscated scripts! Those bypass even the best engines and cloud sandboxing solutions. I've broken vmray and intezer using some of the new looping obfuscated evasive samples! Although those are few. Wont be for long.

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
emsisoft and outpost were the only av suite that prevented nation state finspy, kaspersky let finspy infect everything
kaspersky block .jar files by default, emsisoft does not block any files by default, but it does not matter about the .jar file sitting in appdata with no execution engine on system to run, the .jar is inert and poses no security risk, the only way there would be security risk for .jar file is if java virtual machine was also downloaded and installed by the malware in the background
the video is misleading in saying there is a java infection, there is only a .jar file sitting in appdata doing nothing
Not that I don't belive you, but do you have a source for this? I'd love to read about it.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
I do not get this point of one AV losing to another one! These are good tests but:

1. The likelihood of an average user to encounter such samples in the wild is not so high.
2. Even if the likelihood is high, who is to say that by that time Emsisoft or for that reason any other AV might not detect these samples? Detection rates change dynamically on a daily (sometimes hourly basis).
3. If there is a 1% difference in detection between two products, so what? How does that make one product inferior to the other one?

These discussions on "my product won and your lost" is pointless. Lets create a more security aware culture instead of pointless back and forth. Peace out <3

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
for the average user, which is not a security geek
and this is even more true of a family with children or a case of a shared system
the best security solution is an internet security suite using the default settings
the antivirus vendors already have the configuration optimized very well for the non security geek
a user that does not have to make a decision is a more secure user, remove the human risk from the security
just a general common sense rule based upon many credible studies of users

looking at av lab tests kaspersky appears to have an edge in multiple areas

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
for the average user, which is not a security geek
and this is even more true of a family with children or a case of a shared system
the best security solution is an internet security suite using the default settings
the antivirus vendors already have the configuration optimized very well for the non security geek
a user that does not have to make a decision is a more secure user, remove the human risk from the security
just a general common sense rule based upon many credible studies of users

looking at av lab tests kaspersky appears to have an edge in multiple areas
Agree with you 100% :) My comment a few days back was also on similar lines.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.