New Update Emsisoft Browser Security

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Is it intended behaviour to have this pop-up every time I open Firefox, even though I have the extension installed already?
It's not supposed to do that. Any chance you can enable debug logs and open up a ticket? Just go to Options/Advanced and change the "Debug logging" to on. Then replicate the issue. Then click the "Support" link in the application on the bottom left. Select "Send an email". Make sure you select the logs from today to include in your request.

I have the EBS extension installed with Firefox v64.0, it is running as expected and I don't see any related pop-up when I launch FF.
That's how it is supposed to work, yes.

Will have to track that down, or figure out how to disable just that notification.
You can turn off the notification under "Options", "Notifications" and disabling "Browser Security verifications".

Just 2 weeks from the release and it is doing exceptionally well. It blocked almost everything I threw at it. Removed Netcraft, added Emsisoft. (y)
Yeah, so far the backend is holding up quite well as well. There are some functional bugs at the moment, like that on Firefox sometimes files slip through, but we are fixing those in the next couple of days. :)

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Is there any benefit to install it in firefox for android? maybe only works the phishing protection?

boombastik

Level 2
Verified
Dec 17, 2018
It works as intended in firefox android.I test it. But there if u need to install a new version of the extension u need to wait for a new Mozilla version. The adroid version of firefox, update extensions only when update itself from google play.

Reactions: oldschool

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
How does one exclude a site? Honestly can't see the button.
This is almost funny, though not really. When you click on "Visit the site anyway", it is added to exclusions automatically.
I hope they fix it, just because someone wants to visit a webpage temporarily does not mean, he wants it in exclusions.

All malware domains, I have tested, were in exclusions, making it pretty much useless against them. If you would not ask, I would never know. :emoji_neutral_face:

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
This is almost funny, though not really. When you click on "Visit the site anyway", it is added to exclusions automatically.
I hope they fix it, just because someone wants to visit a webpage temporarily does not mean, he wants it in exclusions.

All malware domains, I have tested, were in exclusions, making it pretty much useless against them. If you would not ask, I would never know. :emoji_neutral_face:
Maybe they could add a checkbox, like "Add to exclusions".

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

I see. As usual i am blind I guess as I didn't think I had to look on the block page instead of doing stuff through the extension configuration page or icon.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Fantastic news! But, when I went to get it from the store, it failed to install. I shut off the two ad extensions and re-opened the Store, now the Emsi app isn't listed at all. Let me try again... nope still doesn't install. What's the issue, I wonder? I'll try later. Edit: Yes, I had to disable Nano and Adguard. Then, it successfully installed. Thanks, Gandalf_The_Grey!

emsi nogo.png

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Fantastic news! But, when I went to get it from the store, it failed to install. […] Edit: Yes, I had to disable Nano and Adguard. Then, it successfully installed. Thanks, Gandalf_The_Grey!
How and why would 2 Edge browser extensions interfere with getting another extension from the MS Store app. Is there a possible explanation?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
^^How would I know? I only reported the sequence of events. Maybe it was coincidence, shutting off the two. Ask the developers if you genuinely and honestly want an answer. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.