bjm_

Level 5
Verified
Every time you visit a new website, it sends a calculated hash value of the domain name to our servers once, and then receives a list of matching patterns that are applied locally on your computer. Those patterns are then kept for successive visits of pages on the same host/domain, which not only significantly speeds up the matching, but also ensures that Emsisoft and its employees will never know what you’re doing on a particular website. https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1974/emsisoft-browser-security/
Does "patterns are then kept for successive visits of pages on the same host/domain" mean kept per host/domain....per browser session? Kept where?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Developer
Verified
Does "patterns are then kept for successive visits of pages on the same host/domain" mean kept per host/domain....per browser session? Kept where?
Thanks
Patterns are cached per host and they are stored locally using your browser's local storage for 15 minutes before they are purged from the cache and new patterns are requested from the backend.

boombastik

Level 1
When i report a bad site, if i want to report an another one after one minute i cant. I must close the Firefox and reopened.
As i understand with this way someone cant abuse the system. Maybe is better to introduse some internal timing so someone can report another site after one minute for example?

bjm_

Level 5
Verified
Patterns are cached per host and they are stored locally using your browser's local storage for 15 minutes before they are purged from the cache and new patterns are requested from the backend.
Okay, my browser feels the same in n' out of sandbox.
Okay, so I won't need direct access (write to local storage) from my browser sandbox... since, patterns are purged @ 15 minutes.
Thanks

Last edited:

Lobito Punky

Level 9
Hello, dr.web cureIT detects the Emsisoft extension for chrome as malware. I just wanted to report it. Best regards. (y)

Code:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\jfofijpkapingknllefalncmbiienkab\2018.12.0.12_0\lib\rc4.js - quarantined