Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Av-Lab-EEK-blog.png

In October 2017, independent IT security product analysts AVLab set out to find which free antivirus product offers the best on-demand scanning. The results are in, and we’re delighted to announce that Emsisoft Emergency Kit came out on top, scoring a shiny award badge in the process.

Read more here

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
EEK is the best on-demand scanner! I'm happy to see the great folks at EEK is putting in a lot of hard work as with the other top contenders.

I recommend everyone to use EEK as it is a great on-demand scanner. EEK and Norton is a great combination @frogboy ! I have the same combo on my laptop right now and I have never had any issues with this. Granted, my entire security configuration is a bit paranoid. :LOL:

Sephiroth Source

Level 2
Verified
Jul 13, 2015
I use EEK + ZAM + HP + NPE and really EEK is an excellent product, even free is very complete and very good in detection. A product that was very good but has been coming down for some time is Malwarebytes. Still good for detecting PUPS and Adwares but against other types of threats I see it falling a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.