Advice Request Emsisoft use a lot of memory?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

chetuyet.hp

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2022
I have been using Eset for about 5 years. Now my copyright has expired. I switched to Emsisoft testing.
During my trial, I found the memory usage of Emsisoft to be higher than that of Eset. However, I have not found Emsisoft to affect the performance of my computer.
Here is the memory usage of Emsisoft
qcqvfWH.png

Here is the memory usage of Eset
ZPODk9P.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
According to Emsisoft:
Why antivirus uses so much RAM – And why that is actually a good thing!
Lots of computer blogs and magazines give smart advice on how to speed up your computer by reducing the load on your hardware resources. While it is true that having a few gigabytes of free hard disk space is better than no space, the same wisdom usually isn’t true for your RAM (Random Access Memory), your computer’s super-fast short term memory.

chetuyet.hp

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2022

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
I have been using Eset for about 5 years. Now my copyright has expired. I switched to Emsisoft testing.
During my trial, I found the memory usage of Emsisoft to be higher than that of Eset. However, I have not found Emsisoft to affect the performance of my computer.
Here is the memory usage of Emsisoft
qcqvfWH.png

Here is the memory usage of Eset
how much ram does your sysatem have?

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
I have 8Gb.
in this era 8 gb is low amount, can be not enough ram if you have lots of applications open, running virtual machines can use all ram
eset uses a technique to hide the actual ram usage, so do not base your decisions on what you see in task manager
based upon your testing it appears that emsisoft is not negatively affecting system performance

chetuyet.hp

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2022
You can compare it with Bitdefender , high Memory usage but it feels light on the system (y)
I haven't used Bitderfender for a long time. About 5, 6 years ago I tried using it but it was really heavy and bad. After a long time, I don't know if they have improved anything?

chetuyet.hp

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 11, 2022
in this era 8 gb is low amount, can be not enough ram if you have lots of applications open, running virtual machines can use all ram
eset uses a technique to hide the actual ram usage, so do not base your decisions on what you see in task manager
based upon your testing it appears that emsisoft is not negatively affecting system performance
In my opinion, Emsisoft does not affect the performance of the win.
When I was used eset, when I went to some malicious websites. Eset will block me from accessing.
I've been trying Emsisoft for about 10 days now, I haven't seen Emsisoft block me from accessing those sites. I don't know if Emsisoft has that feature or because I'm using the version Home. I also do not install the EMS extension on the browser,
Eset block Web
vIcSn0v.png

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
In my opinion, Emsisoft does not affect the performance of the win.
When I was used eset, when I went to some malicious websites. Eset will block me from accessing.
I've been trying Emsisoft for about 10 days now, I haven't seen Emsisoft block me from accessing those sites. I don't know if Emsisoft has that feature or because I'm using the version Home. I also do not install the EMS extension on the browser,
Eset block Web
vIcSn0v.png
you can submit the blocked websites to eset for whitelisting or you can whitelist the websites within eset itself

Reactions: chetuyet.hp

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You need the browser extension installed in your browser for the full web protection of Emsisoft :
In early January we launched Emsisoft Browser Security, our privacy conscious Chrome and Firefox browser extension that blocks access to malicious websites that distribute malware, phishing attacks, and more. Complementing Emsisoft’s proven Web Protection feature that works on the DNS level, Emsisoft Browser Security runs in your browser’s security context and therefore can check all parts of a website’s URL/address for additional security. In our latest release, we’re happy to announce the addition of the Microsoft Edge browser version of the browser extension!

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
a lot of memory?

Ram is there to be used and 400-600 MB ram usage is nothing. if you have about 8GB ram or more, you should feel nothing.
8GB is enough for light use but not for heavy use. When you open a game, it can take almost all memory. I have 8GB with ~11-13% mem usage on boot but when I used emsisoft, it took upto 23%. When I opened my game and played for 20 mins, it crashed due to memory running out! Memory optimization didn't help
It never happened with avast, kaspersky or wisevector because they use much low ram
IMO, using too much memory and stating that it's a good thing is BS. It doesn't suit all PCs

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
This is the case for Bitdefender and the products that use its engine. While some might say this js normal, it is very annoying tbh.

Reactions: Dimitriss

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.