System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Microsoft (@outlook.com)
    Sign-in Options
  • Windows Hello PIN (recommended)
  • Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Comodo Internet Security 12.0.0.6882
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Minor changes for Increased security
  • RTP - Details of Custom security settings
    CIS - Proactive Security with Cruelsister tweaks apart from firewall default block and left unticked. Also, stealth ports task done and IPv6 filtering enabled with required ICMP rules. Additional protected Documents and data folders added. Comodo ISE installed for MtM protection
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Malwarebytes free on-demand scan
    Browsers and Extensions
    Comodo Dragon (Primary), Firefox (Secondary
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBlock Origin and Comodo Online Security
    Password Managers
  • Keepass
  • Web Search
  • Google, Comodo Yahoo
  • System Utilities
    Bleachbit
    Data Backup
    Windows default
    Frequency of Data backups
    Monthly
    System Backup
    Default Windows App
    Frequency of System backups
    Rarely
    Computer Activity
  • PC Gaming
  • Browsing web and email
  • Watch movies and other entertainment content on the Internet
  • Computer Specifications
    Intel i3 1.7ghz
    GPU Intel 4400 HD
    Ram 12 Gig

ErzCrz

Level 1
    For data backup, do you mean OneDrive or File History?

For system backup, do you mean Windows Backup or another built-in tool?
    OneDrive - On Demand but most of the time I just do a full WIndows Backup but I was quite partial to Comodo Time Machine when it was an ongoing project. I'm open to free recommendations if anyone has one.

P.S. Been using NoScript intermittently with Firefox lately.

ErzCrz

Level 1
    Doing a CIS fresh install later, just been playing around tweaking a load of CIS stuff and decided to revert back to default or CS settings. Still using FF though I miss the page translation of Chrome and the Firefox addon can be tedious as you have to select what to translate. Using laptop mainly for gaming and browsing.

Reactions: harlan4096

ErzCrz

Level 1
    Lots of configuration options, CS settings works ok, comodofix and imaude's configurations are intriguing as well but staying with CS. Firefox is fine but feels slow and laggy at times. Might give Comodo Dragon another go though I'm not a fan of yahoo search but I can change that.

Reactions: harlan4096

SeriousHoax

Level 8
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Thanks! I find this one the best one PageTranslator – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-GB)
    The revised separate addon acts odd with hovering links and this one doesn't take up part of the page telling you it's being google translated. I'd just wish it saved the target language.
    I haven't use this one but it seems like for translating you need to click on extension icon. But the one I shared only show the translate icon beside the address bar when it detects a foreign language page and for me it works all the time.

ErzCrz

Level 1
    I haven't use this one but it seems like for translating you need to click on extension icon. But the one I shared only show the translate icon beside the address bar when it detects a foreign language page and for me it works all the time.
    Thanks. I prefer ones from the addon store but I'll give this a go.

EDIT: Found this one Translate Whole Page (to English) – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US) you still have to click to translate on the initial page but it automatically seems to do the other pages.

Anyway, this has been a great help towards me staying with Firefox. I think it my have been the Comodo online security addon that was slowing some of those pages.

E

Last edited:

ErzCrz

Level 1
    Updated 18/09/2019 - Now using CIS with Cruelsister settings with exception of Firewall auto-block. Stealthed ports and IPv6 Porle. t 546 DHCP. Also now with Internet Security Essentials installed and primarily using Comodo Dragon since it's been updated recently.

Not a great deal different from previous, just HIPS enabled and firewall changes.

Erz

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    Backup solution for Windows is very vague, if you are using Ondrive that's great as a cloud source, but I would also have a HD as a secondary form of backup using Macrium Reflect or similar program. Apart from that great config otherwise.

~LDogg