Battle ESET Internet Security vs. F-Secure Safe vs. GDATA Internet Security (2022)

Compare list
ESET Internet Security
F-Secure Safe
GDATA Internet Security

Eldlich

Thread author
Oct 4, 2022
I am looking for a new AV. These are the ones that made it into my Top 3.

Which one of these would you recommend and why?

I read that F-Secure Safe doesn‘t have a firewal and no mail protection. Is that problematic? I mainly use my laptop for office stuff (outlook etc.) and research on the internet (university). Also the performance is important to me.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: micasayyo

Eldlich

Thread author
Oct 4, 2022
What is your laptop specs. All three of them would be light, but use different amounts of RAM. If it start causing you to swap a lot it will have a performance impact.
Acer TravelMate P648-M-57RH
  • Intel Core i5-6200U, 2x 2,3 GHz with Turbo-Boost up to 2,8 GHz, 3 MB L3-Cache
  • Intel® HD Graphics 520
  • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB SSD
  • Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Scirious

Level 2
Feb 22, 2022
I believe ESET would be the lightest to you. Although all of them are light in CPU usage, ESET is the one to use the least amount of RAM. Usually less than 100 MB. You should also be ok with F-Secure, which will use around 600 MB of RAM. G-DATA tops more the 1 GB of RAM usage.

Note: all these numbers are statics taken from testing in my PC that has 32 GB of RAM.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Test them all in your computer, use it normally and see if any of them causes any problem, such as your network printers not printing or sudden slow downs, for instance. Then buy wichever offers a better price or, if price is not problem, whichever you liked to use the most. As most tests show, the difference between the top rated products is so small it becomes just personal preference and lowest performance impact in your particular setup.

Also make sure to use your computer normally, read, print, access the web, make use of the entire free period they all offer.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Gdata is quite heavy in RAM consumption but very efficient.
F-Secure is balanced, very efficient but has trouble with some attacks (JS, VBS etc)
Eset is the lightest and has for me one of the best antivirus engines :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.