Battle ESET IS 11 or Kaspersky IS 18

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Its not just easy for a vendor to design a proactive shield...it takes ages and years of expertise..Only a handful of a-v vendors managed to do that..and if done very very few manage to really make it work..From my exp
1. KIS (all rounder)
2. Gdata & Escan (Quite under rated bt very powerful Proactive(Automated))
3.bit defender
4.Trend Micro..
5. Bull Guard ( Better than ESET...but all the modules are bargained from Third parties..always struggle to make it work in Real World
Thats it...Who really compete in every module..and all rounders of A-V industry
Missed Emsisoft on your list.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
i think everyone knows about emsisoft :) probs got the best out of all of them very solid product indeed bit heavy for my liking tho.
Never compare Emsi with Kaspersky....and none of av vendors can really compete with KIS...Fp's from KIS are very rare..and quite user friendly and all the components In House Built) make it a powerhouse...and consistent performer across all the levels..

Reactions: Dex4Sure

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
i think everyone knows about emsisoft :) probs got the best out of all of them very solid product indeed bit heavy for my liking tho.
I have two machines, one with G Data and one with Emsisoft, I have used Emsisoft for a long time here and it does not weigh anything, in navigation, in performance in games and etc, even using two engines and BB, it gives me a great performance , I have nothing to complain about..

Reactions: Mahesh Sudula

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
Never compare Emsi with Kaspersky....and none of av vendors can really compete with KIS...Fp's from KIS are very rare..and quite user friendly and all the components In House Built) make it a powerhouse...and consistent performer across all the levels..
i never compared it to kaspersky i said its probs got the best BB as i have tested kaspersky BB in the past and other products againts emsisoft and emsisoft blocked more than kaspersky BB just my opinion based on tests, even tho kaspersky does have some great features like application control etc i would call kaspersky the best inetrnet security suite (if there was such a thing.) i had it for a long time years ago loved it, still do. But was just comparing the BB aspect :). Kaspersky to me personally will always be at the top from its features and security, but now i love eset as for my reasons.

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I have two machines, one with G Data and one with Emsisoft, I have used Emsisoft for a long time here and it does not weigh anything, in navigation, in performance in games and etc, even using two engines and BB, it gives me a great performance , I have nothing to complain about..
But EMSI lacks firewall..and totally user dependent....(Even for a tiny suspicious process..reqs cloud )(Even Auto Block is very very less...if a normal user clicks YES...
damage begins no rollback feature ...pretty light on the system

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
But EMSI lacks firewall..and totally user dependent....(Even for a tiny suspicious process..reqs cloud )(Even Auto Block is very very less...if a normal user clicks YES...
Automated analysis is what that separates it from KIS and G DATA...when offline

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
i never compared it to kaspersky i said its probs got the best BB as i have tested kaspersky BB in the past againts emsisoft and emsisoft blocked more than kaspersky BB just my opinion based on tests, even tho kaspersky does have some great features like application control etc i would call kaspersky the best inetrnet security suite (if there was such a thing.) i had it for a long time years ago loved it, still do. But was just comparing the BB aspect :). Kaspersky to me personally will always be at the top from its features and security, but now i love eset as for my reasons.
Kaspersky is excellent in protection, but I do not have "luck" with it, it's the same with Bitdefender, in all my systems they end up with my performance, it's complicated to keep it installed, unlike G Data and Emsisoft, which give me an excellent performance, but AV is anyway, it acts differently on each system. About Eset, since you like him and if it fit your system well, wonder, leave it like this (y)

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Why don't u give a try with ESCAN....trust me its quite underrated and a silent killer...its proactive is rock solid amd most importantly AUTOMATED...no user queries required ..along side with a dual engine.

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
Kaspersky is excellent in protection, but I do not have "luck" with it, it's the same with Bitdefender, in all my systems they end up with my performance, it's complicated to keep it installed, unlike G Data and Emsisoft, which give me an excellent performance, but AV is anyway, it acts differently on each system. About Eset, if it fit your system well, wonder, leave it like this (y)
Yh, i would love emsisoft but to me it has a weak web blocker good but not Great, heavy on slowdowns, and i would liked them to keep the firewall even tho that fortify feature did look cool might wanna see that in actual action.

Why don't u give a try with ESCAN....trust me its quite underrated and a silent killer...its proactive is rock solid amd most importantly AUTOMATED...no user queries required ..along side with a dual engine.
i have tested many products and i just prefer eset on my gaming pc for reasons and effectiveness, i use to have eset 2 years ago on tweaked setting interactive on hips and firewall with some rules, also some point had comodo as it was all i need with tweaked settings hips, firewall etc for advanced protection i do not mind interaction as its strong and solid but i like siple these days along with common sense but for me its just not needed and eset does all of the above fine, i want to add on the subject that eset in some tests still did good blocking lots of 0 day with its HIPS etc and is not totally useless against it.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I think the Windows firewall is secure and sufficient, in addition to what the threats of today are concentrated in another way, is as it was once spoken by Emsisoft: Connection attempts from the outside in are blocked by the Windows Firewall by default, and connections from the inside out are prevented by Emsisoft’s multi-layer real time protection, and the Behavior Blocker in particular.

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
User dependent, really ? Emsisoft now has an automated mode that will automatically block and quarantine suspicious process ;)

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
Eset is weak on default settings, but strong if you tweak it(set Firewall and HIPS to 'ask') :)
weak yes, not totally useless, interactive mode on firewall and HIPS is strong and is what i use to run long time ago, but i just set the HIPS on smart mode, and leave firewall on automatic and esets firewall is very solid and good left alone, of course interactive would be better than anything but to normal users or people that just want simple like me just leave it and thats like any product that has those options automatic vs interactive.

i understand people say eset on default is weak i mean i agree lol, but set that hips to smart mode, and turn on runtime packers, and advanced heuristics/DNA signatures which are off by default and turning them on does not effect lightness and u got a solid product, also turn on potentially unsafe applications. These are off by default and i turn on.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I think the Windows firewall is secure and sufficient, in addition to what the threats of today are concentrated in another way, is as it was once spoken by Emsisoft: Connection attempts from the outside in are blocked by the Windows Firewall by default, and connections from the inside out are prevented by Emsisoft’s multi-layer real time protection, and the Behavior Blocker in particular.
If Emsi implements Auto Block with less user interventions...it would be in my list..since its already great in protection

Reactions: Faybert

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
One of reasons i like G DATA..is it doesnt allow any phishing website to load(no option to allow)...though can be deep tweaked in the settings..
but most of other av provide allow option in page itself..
can someone throw light into this issue..and for sure this speaks the accuracy of G data over other others why do they lock the phish websites and give allow options..do they not confident in their analyzing ???
plz dont say fp's its possible with each and every av out there..
and its the primary duty of any av of preventing its customers from landing in the phish sites(permanently)

Reactions: Faybert

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
Hmm....though i have never seen it in action;);)
i think i remember seeing it in a change log or something that its BB has automation so no user input required
One of reasons i like G DATA..is it doesnt allow any phishing website to load(no option to allow)...though can be deep tweaked in the settings..
but most of other av provide allow option in page itself..
can someone throw light into this issue..and for sure this speaks the accuracy of G data over other others why do they lock the phish websites and give allow options..do they not confident in their analyzing ???
plz dont say fp's its possible with each and every av out there
the only reason i thought of is if it was a false positive but then what would it be in the database for? but tbh if a phishing site came up i know i would not go on it, and any normal user who sees this site is malicious or used for phishing lol, but i feel they just want to give you the choice for what ever reason it beats me.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
i think i remember seeing it in a change log or something that its BB has automation so no user input required

the only reason i thought of is if it was a false positive but then what would it be in the database for? but tbh if a phishing site came up i know i would not go on it, and any normal user who sees this site is malicious or used for phishing lol, but i feel they just want to give you the choice for what ever reason it beats me.
ok..but if thats the case..for a couple of websites..its ok..
not for every phish page the av blocks..it is quite strange ...thats the ONLY reason made me to stay with G data..over others

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.