It seems scripts detections did not improve even hardening the settings...
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Yeah ESET's advanced techniques (more static heuristics, possibly sandbox emulation on-device) do tend to be heavy. Both involve more analysis before the program is even allowed to run, which I think most users perceive as a slowdown. A behavior blocker traps and evaluates API calls which happen less often and most apps when they are doing CPU-intensive things are not calling out to Windows APIs constantly.I have felt a slight impact especially when launching a program with these more aggressive settings![]()
That's too bad. Once again, "SM25.vbs" seems to have identically duplicated itself and then put that script into AutoRuns.... I can't imagine a behavior blocker would miss that. From the Huorong test:It seems scripts detections did not improve even hardening the settings...
SM25.vbs triggers wscript.exe and mshta.exe. Last named tries calling out, triggers Huorong Network Access Control (=Firewall) appears, default action is to auto-block after 45 seconds, so I chose "Deny". wscript.exe tries setting an AutoRun, flashing red Huorong HIPS alert (File protection) appears, whose default action is to auto-block after 45 seconds, so I chose "Deny". Next is a Huorong HIPS alert (Sensitive action) on Hidden PowerShell script executions. Default action is to auto-block after 45 seconds, so I chose "Deny". All services but mshta.exe autoterminate, broken mshta.exe window closed personally. No further malicious traces, no AutoRuns. Untouched source file deleted before firing off 2nd_opinion scans. HIT.
Nice!I already turned on that DNA hehe... see the pics in my previous post...
You are a champ. Thanks for satisfying our curiosity.A small test (to make ESET fans happy) performed today with a high detected sample but not detected by ESET at VT "apparently":
View attachment 256723
View attachment 256722
View attachment 256719
View attachment 256720
View attachment 256721
Thanks @upnorth for the sample...
I know, that's why I said "apparently"... this time was "right" since it was not detected on demand but was on dynamicThe fact a sample is not detected by an engine on VT does not mean it doesn't actually detect it. That is a well-known fact many people keep forgetting.
Why didn't you add my suggestions for rules to hips in addition to the settings recommended by the antivirus developers?Привет, ребята, до конца месяца я только что реализовал эту программу.:
[KB6119] Настройка правил HIPS для продуктов ESET business для защиты от вымогателей
[KB6132] Настройка правил брандмауэра для ESET Endpoint Security для защиты от программ-вымогателей
Также сохраняя прежние агрессивные ухищрения...
A very good question, it must take a really long time to download and it just isn't there yet...Where is ESET BB...?
A very good question, it must take a really long time to download and it just isn't there yet...



Yes I agree. For most users they might not be problematic but some software might be blocked. That's why I prefer to set them to Ask when creating them.Adding by default those HIPS rules can be problematic, because They can break also legit behavior ...
I still can't get my head around having to fiddle with HIPS settings in Eset.ESET could have many preset HIPS rules with a simple on/off switch. The rules could be even automatically turned on/off according to how paranoid you set it. As it is, the HIPS is basically useless for a basic user and demand some work for advanced users.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.