• Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Eset have more options with finetuning, Emsi is just real solid. I have tried both recently, and Emsi came out as winner. Mostly because it was extremely light on my computer. Eset don't use much resources either though.
Has Emsi gotten lighter in recent versions? Last time I tried it I really liked the product but it was heavy on my machine and my machine falls into the high end category.

Kuonirath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 25, 2019
I would suggest either go with ESET Internet Security and keep Emsisoft Emergency Kit for scans or go with Emsisoft AntiMalware and keep ESET Online Scanner for scans. No matter which of the above you choose, remember that the best protection is the USER alongwith a properly configured BACKUP. The AV is ALWAYS the LAST layer of defense, NOT the FIRST.
I have a firewall and it is SpyShelter FW

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Has Emsi gotten lighter in recent versions? Last time I tried it I really liked the product but it was heavy on my machine and my machine falls into the high end category.

It certainly feels that way. I used Webroot, and tried Emsi. I couldn't feel any difference. But it's probably up to each machine config.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
maybe it is like you say but spyshelter fw is not just FW , and for me it has other functions, I have lifetime licenses on ssfw
I know it's much much more than a firewall...since you have a lifetime licence keep it :D . I also have a lifetime licence for SpyShelter Premium.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Go with ESET Nod 32 in terms of this thread, covers you in Firewall, AV & more. Then add Macrium Reflect as a backup solution & add Syshardener as an OS hardening tool. Web Browser you can add Script & an adblocker, this should be very good with all layers covered for your protection buddy! Have fun reading and hope this help.

~LDogg

Reactions: Nevi and Wraith

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.