Battle ESET Smart Security 9 vs Emsisoft Internet Security 11

Tyrizian

Level 1
Verified
Sep 9, 2015
My own personal experience.

ESET feels much more polished to me, not only that, it did extremely well in my personal testing.

Emsisoft is great in protection, but it didn't feel as optimized as I would have liked.

I voted ESET.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
Your analysis are very helpfull for me.
Now it was 1 week that I'm testing EIS and ESS on my work PCs and on my personal PCs.
At work I cannot find any difference on the lightness but when I'm gaming on my personal PCs I think that ESET is a bit lighter.
About the parameters, I'm not a geek:rolleyes: so Emsisoft' parameters are very much easy to understand for me than ESET' parameters.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
I decided to vote Emsisoft Internet Security and to purchase a licence because it's more easy to use for a basic user like me.
As many of you are saying, EIS default settings are very good.
Two very fine points for me, the fidelity program with discounts when renewal and I saw on their support forum that Emsisoft support try to help everybody infected even if non user of their products.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I'm reading the last AV-Test report (March-April 2016) and it says that EIS protection against 0-day attacks is not very good :(: AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute
EIS- 0-day.PNG
and ESET is only a bit better:confused: : AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute
ESET 0-day.PNG
Are these tests reliable and believable ?
If the answer is yes, I think that I have to find a more secure protection as soon as possible:eek:

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
I wouldn't use any vendor that's adding a certificate to your certificate store to scan your SSL traffic, which ESET does. Like the guy above said, it's already known to cause problems and it arguably makes your system less secure. I wouldn't trust a vendor that uses such a lazy implementation because it makes me wonder what other kinds of corners they're cutting.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
As many have said,its two good applications,but IMO Emsisoft stand on ESS shoulders.Its an outstanding product,and I like they have a great behavior blocker Mamuto .Probably one of the best with WSA.
I voted Emsisoft.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Emsisoft because of it's Behavior Blocker (aka Mamutu) and it has a better protection (even at default settings) than ESS IMHO.
Emsisoft BB is totally different from ESET protection approach (HIPS) (if that is what you are comparing to). These cannot be compared side by side.
ESET policy base mode still is way more secure but at a cost: takes time to maintain it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.