Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Well, going to chip in my 2 cents:
Reliability: Kaspersky>ESET>Trend>Comodo
FP and issues: ESET>Trend=Kaspersky>Comodo

What you also need to look at it is issues that impact the system and FP.

No point having a nearly 80% built wall when there is cracks at the bottom (referring to issues and false positives). Prime example is Comodo: yes good defense but when something ain't working right, that wall will crumble.

Trend is middle of the pack. Not to say ESET doesn't have issues cause it does.

Best advice: to figure it out yourself, test them on a trial period each one on host machine versus your day to day operations.

Reason being: some will jump to ESET bandwagon, others to Kaspersky and the rest to Comodo (irony here is that only a few selected users I know that frequent the forum use Trend).

Take your pick and my 2 cents advice.

NatsuruHaveALife :D

Level 2
Verified
May 18, 2015
Kaspersky is great, ESET is really good too. KIS has been my go to since 2013.
Any suggestion for Kaspersky Total Securty tweaks?
KIS tweaks is application control auto move unknown files to restricted environment. also you can tweak the banner blockers and things like that to suit your needs. if you have a good amount of System resources available, make the banner blocker resolve to ip addresses. Can't stress enough how much that has saved me from malvertising.
and avast/ CFW or CIS was also. Favorite is Kaspersky. Never have been infected when i use it. Comodo is in the same boat. Comodo i have never been infected either. TM, i have used Removal tools and Housecall, and it is really good. ESET i have used on Linux systems that i transfer windows files back and forth through, does really well.

Reactions: Maxxx58
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.