Eset v9 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Same with me. I am back to V8 and all 4 computers.

Great to have everything running fine again.

Reactions: Malakke

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
After some weeks with 9 version, finally i've decided to uninstall ESET. It slowdowns my computer, even sometimes freezes, especially browsing. I've disabled some options, as SSL or web protocols, but it does not change anything. Probably i'm back to 8 or choose Emsisoft.
Yep, same here and I am back to V8 and happy.

Reactions: robbyrob

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
It seems ESET is working to find any solution to slowness. Meanwhile, Marcos (ESET moderator) recommends to back to ESET 8.

Excel 2016 slow to close Eset 9 - ESET NOD32 Antivirus - ESET Security Forum
ESET 9 causes CCleaner slowness - ESET Smart Security - ESET Security Forum

It depends, my cousin is running v9 with major performance improvements compared to v8 and he only has 4GB ram, v8 was heavy on he's machine. However In my case of having twice the amount of ram he has v8 runs smoother here.

Reactions: XhenEd

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I have to admit i'm now a bit surprised... I've back to ESET 9!!!. Tomorrow, i've uninstalled ESET 9 from my computer, pass the esetuninstaller utility and install again ESET 9, but this time from eset.com (not eset.es). Curiously, setup was faster and when it concluded all s working fine and smooth. Not slowness and Banking Protection is running well (open Chrome by default). Maybe ESET is fixing some issues silently...

Edit: disabled scanning SSL (issues in some sites, as MalwareTips :()

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.