Eset v9 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

Does someone know where to download installer for version 8? Version 9 is awful, I have performance issues.
DO you mind me asking what kind of performance issues you are having, as i am running the full suite with no issues what so ever. Start up time is faster then V8, same with shut down time, and i literally can not feel it while surfing, and especially when gaming. Matter of fact i was playing call of duty last night with max FPS my system can obtain with Eset.

Reactions: Kent and XhenEd

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
It was happening in beta too. System takes much more time to boot, it freezes, Internet is slow and I experience packet loss. In few words, it makes my system almost unusable in the beginning, later it works okay.

Reactions: XhenEd
I

illumination

It was happening in beta too. System takes much more time to boot, it freezes, Internet is slow and I experience packet loss. In few words, it makes my system almost unusable in the beginning, later it works okay.
Sounds like it is conflicting with left overs or another software. I may not be having issues at all, as i reformatted my system before placing V9 on, and it is smooth as butter.

Did you install from the official site when released or from the links that were posted here and in the forum ahead of time? I ask because the one main difference between the installer on the official site that was released and the one posted here and in the forum, was the one on the official site actually scanned for software incompatibilities before installing.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I installed it from official site, I firstly upgraded from version 8 and then I run eset uninstall tool, but I experience the same issues. I think I will stay with v8 for now.

I

illumination

I installed it from official site, I firstly upgraded from version 8 and then I run eset uninstall tool, but I experience the same issues. I think I will stay with v8 for now.
Your call.. Eset uninstall tool is one of those "use at your own risk" type of safe mode tools, ones i generally do not use. Eset uninstalls pretty clean, and finding what left overs are still left lingering is as easy as opening windows explorer and selecting your C drive and using the Search this PC function, and same with Regedit, click edit, and find "name" I have never found more then just a few left overs.

It was worth it to me to do a clean install, as i keep everything backed up externally anyway, and now a fresh, smooth running system.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I had problems uninstalling the beta program also and was forced to use the ESET uninstall.You could not install the new version over the beta and the uninstaller for the beta crashed.
The danger in using the ESET Uninstaller tool is that it will remove your net adapter drivers leaving you without an internet connection once uninstalled.
This seemed to be primarily an issue on Windows 10.Thankfully I had some system restore points so I just restored it to pre beta and then uninstalled version 8 and reinstalled version 9.
This is the first time ever using ESET that I have encountered uninstall problems even using previous version betas.

Previous version installers are there but they are kind of hard to find with ESET's new site
For EAV advanced download options go here
Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows | ESET
For ESS advanced download options go here
Download ESET Smart Security for Windows | ESET

Then from the dropdown menu select the version installer you want

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.10.17_08h34m44s_001_.png

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
I had uninstalled it too. I had some problems with the firewall.

The problem was: when the firewall was on I wasn't able to access any website (I tested a ping to common sites like google, etc, and I couldn't ping). Then if I turn off the firewall and access, for example, malwarebytes and then I turn the firewall ON, I can only connect to malwarebytes ip. It's strange and my rule set is the same as ever (I never had problems with firewalls and it's important to say that it only happens sometimes, and when it happens, a simple system restart solves the problem...)

I didn't had other problems with ESS9 ;).

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It seems to me that some problem might be related to the secure online banking.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
I'm back to ESET after some hours using Kaspersky :p Let's see if I will have problems again.

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
I'm back to ESET after some hours using Kaspersky :p Let's see if I will have problems again.

Are you visiting website with ssl? In my case, which i believe rarely happened, the ESET ssl scanner causes the some website using ssl cannot be access. But some only, not all of the website.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Nop.

And again I'm having the same problem even using the firewall in automatic mode :(

robbyrob

Level 1
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
Are you visiting website with ssl? In my case, which i believe rarely happened, the ESET ssl scanner causes the some website using ssl cannot be access. But some only, not all of the website.

I am having the same problem with some SSL sites not working. Though it was only me. Thanks for writing this I was going crazy trying to figure out what happened then I came on here since it started happening after I upgraded to V9. Hopefully a bug the fix quickly.

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
I am having the same problem with some SSL sites not working. Though it was only me. Thanks for writing this I was going crazy trying to figure out what happened then I came on here since it started happening after I upgraded to V9. Hopefully a bug the fix quickly.

well to have they fixes the bugs, they will need to recreate the problem which quite problematic though, This problem presist in windows 7 Home premium x64 bit on my desktop pc while on Windows 10 on my notebook did not face such problem when visiting the same site. Well im planning to have those eset guy to remote control the pc themselves to check it.

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
After some weeks with 9 version, finally i've decided to uninstall ESET. It slowdowns my computer, even sometimes freezes, especially browsing. I've disabled some options, as SSL or web protocols, but it does not change anything. Probably i'm back to 8 or choose Emsisoft.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
After some weeks with 9 version, finally i've decided to uninstall ESET. It slowdowns my computer, even sometimes freezes, especially browsing. I've disabled some options, as SSL or web protocols, but it does not change anything. Probably i'm back to 8 or choose Emsisoft.
How about your computer specs? I noticed any slowdown on my machine (i5, 8GB of RAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.