New Update ESET version 16.0.0

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
meanwhile this is unsubstantiated but, 50/50 chance I am correct. Only change my win10 yesterday was updating ESSP to v16. About the same time, my keepass password app has a secure desktop feature that blocks most keyloggers, always worked great, until ESET update. when I open keepass instead of letting me input master pw to open the keepass database, I got a looping popup that kept repeating "some app changed the desktop, click ok to go back to secure," and it would go back for about 2 sec and then get same popup, ie, could not input pw, could not access pw encrypted database. Turns out it's a known issue (formerly unknown to me) caused by miscellaneous security apps. Now I suspect ESET v16 may have joined that list?? OR it is something totally unrelated. No good way to tell, so far. The work-around is unable keepass secure desktop. Maybe I'm only one using keepass here. Meanwhile if v16 is cause, ESET tweaked something else under the hood they're not telling us, maybe?? If this is too speculative, sorry.

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
This guy doesn't know how to use Eset, instead of changing the default setting he decided to uninstallo_O
There's no way to disable the green frame, which is ridiculous, I'm not going to use an antivirus program that applies a green frame to my browsing, and I shouldn't even answer someone who is a fanboy of the brand, look at your photo

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
There's no way to disable the green frame, which is ridiculous, I'm not going to use an antivirus program that applies a green frame to my browsing, and I shouldn't even answer someone who is a fanboy of the brand, look at your photo
Not even with...?

Setup > Advanced Setup > Web and email > Banking & Payment > Browser’s green frame

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Have you tried to disable Secure all browsers option or Browser's green frame option?
Disabling Secure all browsers option = no more green frame.
Disabling Browser's green frame option = green frame shown for a few sec on browser launch.
eset1.jpgeset2.jpg

Minimalist

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2020
and correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the default mostly have everything enabled, like 90%+ of settings. It's probably easier to list what is not enabled in default??
Yes with their defaults most options are enabled.
They don't have "aggressive" settings enabled in default configuration but you can still disable a lot if you encounter some problems. Advanced setting offers you one of the most granular controls I've seen and you can modify almost every detail of it's protection.
Defaults are IMO good for most users.

nickoftime

Level 2
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
What are the best settings for Eset?
There are no "best" settings, depends on several factors. I'd definitively recommend disabling SSL/TLS filtering.

I also disable Banking and Payment protection since I don't like browser-specific protection, and in a clean system a proper browser shouldn't need additional protection anyway.

presntes

Level 1
Apr 23, 2022

eset.jpeg

Version 16.0.24.0​

• Fixed: Issues with gamer block not allowing opening of Secured Window
  • Fixed: Issue when it was not possible to categorize emails after waking up of device
  • Updated: Not displaying application status if Outlook plugin integration is disabled
  • Fixed: Issues when empty Setup pages was opened for some cases
  • Fixed: Issue where GUI did not had focus after opening from tray
  • Fixed: Issues where ESI logs export was not working
  • Fixed: Localization issues HEB
  • Fixed: Issue AT issue when sometimes when test data not send to server
Source: Download Internet Security with data encryption and antivirus | ESET

Last edited by a moderator:

czesetfan

Level 3
Thread author
Dec 3, 2021
ESET plans global changes in pricing and payments for products in 2023:

The company also reports that this is a global activity that aims to unify both product offerings and pricing around the world. "Slovakia is the first country in the world to introduce an innovative product offering for domestic customers. Other countries will be gradually added in the first half of next year, with the expectation of full conceptual and technical implementation by the end of 2023. In practice, this means that our products will be bought by customers at a single price anywhere in Europe in the near future," explains Ohrajter.
ESET spúšťa nový globálny cenník, zavedie rovnaké ceny v celej Európe

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

View attachment 270677

Version 16.0.24.0​

• Fixed: Issues with gamer block not allowing opening of Secured Window
  • Fixed: Issue when it was not possible to categorize emails after waking up of device
  • Updated: Not displaying application status if Outlook plugin integration is disabled
  • Fixed: Issues when empty Setup pages was opened for some cases
  • Fixed: Issue where GUI did not had focus after opening from tray
  • Fixed: Issues where ESI logs export was not working
  • Fixed: Localization issues HEB
  • Fixed: Issue AT issue when sometimes when test data not send to server
Source: Download Internet Security with data encryption and antivirus | ESET
today is 30 Dec and my ESET SS Premium is still v16.0.22.0. I thought it would have updated itself by now. Meanwhile, I got my first LiveGuard popup after downloading a newly updated exe. Popup stayed open and gently flashed saying that LiveGuard was analyzing the file. After about 5 min the popup changed to say the file is safe. Nice to see LiveGuard in action!
EDIT ESET update says SSP is current with 16.0.22.0...

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
Version 16.1.13 is coming soon. If anyone has a problem with the current version, or wants to test the new version, they can try downloading the pre-release version from the early-access thread of the ESET forum.
Thank you very much for the updated information.
I have always liked Eset, it may not be the best antivirus suite but it is the one I have trusted the most for a few years(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.